*** Official Clevo W230ST/Sager NP7330 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HTWingNut, Apr 10, 2013.

1. doughboy334

doughboy334 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey DrClawDaddy, I had the same problem and was able to fix it last night! It involved installing the latest synaptic driver from their website, going into Device Manager, and changing the driver associated with Touchpad.

1. Go to http://www.synaptics.com/resources and download latest synaptic driver for Windows 10
    2. Install it
    3. Open Device Manager (Win + X + M), Navigate to Mice and other pointing devices and find your touchpad driver. Mine said Finger sensing pad or something similar
    4. Right click it, Navigate to Driver Tab, Click Update Driver < Browse my computer for driver software < Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer < Deselect Show compatible hardware checkbox < Scroll down to Synaptics < Select the latest Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad Version driver that you just installed.
    5. Restart computer and hope it fixes it like it did for me! I had to do some final adjustments in the Control Panel < Mouse area, but the Synaptics tab should show up properly now. I can now two finger tap, scroll, three finger go forward/back, etc. It's awesome and can't believe it took me over a year to fix in 5 minutes.

2. DrClawDaddy

DrClawDaddy Newbie

Reputations:
    You just made my day. Thank you so much for this! Can confirm I have two finger scrolling back.

Ionising_Radiation likes this.
  3. Ghengis

Ghengis Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Feel like *such* an idiot for not trying this before getting all bent out of shape. Thanks so much for giving me back my scrolling!

4. JeffSGeorge

JeffSGeorge Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I just recently got a hold of one of these systems and after playing around with XTU and adjusting the GPU clocks and memory I was finally able to break the 5k mark in 3dmark11.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12258591

This is with a 4700MQ @ -100mv on the vcore and the multiplier for core 0 x 34, and cores 1, 2 and 3 x 33. Also +105 on the GPU core clock and +470 on the GPU memory clock; anything above +470 on the memory caused artefacting and anything about +105 on the core clock caused instability.

Still runs kinda hot with a max CPU temp of 97C on core 0. I am going to do a repaste here soon. I also ordered a replacement HSF (New) that I am hoping will drop the temps down a bit as well. But, I have to admit, I am quite impressed at the performance of this system, regardless of it's age. Plus it gives me something to tinker with, which I enjoy. Don't know if anyone even cares about this anymore, but it's new to me so I thought that I would share. Take care guys.

clemenzina and t456 like this.
  5. Fungus99

Fungus99 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Why hasn't the w230 been refreshed with the pascal GPUs?

6. clemenzina

clemenzina Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have a W230SS, which is a slight upgrade from the ST, but when I needed something with a bit more oomph for video editing I found nothing better in 13" and ended up going for a 15" XPS - which is so slim and light you'd hardly know it's 2" bigger. Cooler, too, but I much prefer the keyboard layout of the W230 tho, IMHO it's one of the best ever.

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Not many fully fledged high power quad cores in 13" machines these days.

clemenzina likes this.
  8. Ryrynz

Ryrynz Newbie

Reputations:
    I got a Hasee CW23S04 (W230ST) with BIOS 1.03.03TSZ dated 11/18/2013, apparently it's based on this if not almost exactly the same.
    Is there a BIOS compatible with this that is an update over I've got? Either Hasee original or Clevo?

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  9. t456

t456 1977-09-05, 12:56:00 UTC Moderator

Reputations:
    You can find a stock Clevo v1.03.08 here.

Iirc, the Hasee version has the factory-optional backlighted logo in the lid, correct? If so; could you share the Hasee stock bios + ec? I've used the 5V solder pads from the logo's led socket to power something else, but I'd rather use it as a relay switch triggered by the led logo's Fn key.

10. Ryrynz

Ryrynz Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks, there is no backlighted logo on the lid for the one I've got. KBC/EC revision is 1.03.02.
    Do you want this?