*** Official Clevo W230SS/Sager NP7338 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ryan, Mar 20, 2014.

1. mirt81

mirt81 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Temps are normal by not UnderVolting or Reduce Package Power . . . iam on same HardWare Config

You can try disable under Windows 0s when in use to Disable Boost by set max ClockFrequenz @ 99% .
    When bios unlocked under Options for CpuConfiguration you can tweak Package Power Settings .

Cpu Power Limit1 - 35
    Cpu Power Limit1 Time - 28
    Cpu Power Limit2 - 45

Unlikely Undervolting even with Unlocked Bios is 0nly with XTU possible !
    ICC Function requires special IntelMe version wich is chiped within Prema Bios but is buggy for all other Function they need ME . (So no ICC not that terible because . . . )

:)There is a " New" ME Version after Years and maybe not that buggy like the Versions before:(

https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

https://mega.nz/file/jcFQVAxL#w-3xqV0rJnVk-1cBqwqatMaboXiVydgZOQLyYCa_oNI

Have further on good Time by clevo w230sd/ st/ ss ! ! !

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  2. CyberTronics

CyberTronics Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello good people! Has anyone changed LCD cable on their W230SS full HD screen?
    My good old W230SS' LCD cable appears to have gone bad and I have found one cheapest selling on Aliexpress which is stated to be compatible with W230SS but upon examination and comparison with my old cable I see that my cable has less pins on the connector than the one that is selling on Aliexpress. Can't tell anything about others I have found selling online because there are no close-up pictures so I can't compare the pins.
    My question is though, is it going to work if it has MORE pins in a connector that goes into the motherboard than my LCD cable? Connectors themselves are same size and form-factor it's just the number of pins inside that appears to be different.

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Should be a part number on the cable?

4. CyberTronics

CyberTronics Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Part number is the same actually but pin number appears to be different :confused:

5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Probably not listed quite right then.

6. ToNyDeLaPiNaTa

ToNyDeLaPiNaTa Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys!

New owner of a W230ss here.

I am trying to squeeze it as much as possible. Part of the plan is to get a 4940mx processor and a egpu and overclock. Managing temperatures could be an issue, kryonaut has worked excellently well up until now with the old 4710mq, but I fear it might not be enough for the 57W tdp of a 4940mx specially if I overclock...So I am looking into liquid metal.

The thing is I don't really know what the heatsink is made of. The distributor says copper, the seller of the part says aluminum/copper and so do other distributors I have contacted. The pipes seem to be aluminum with plated copper, but the heatsink is a mistery...

So I think I'll bite the bullet, buy a spare part and coat the contact point with liquid metal to see how it reacts over time. Outside the laptop, of course. I'll keep you posted with the results!

https://m.es.aliexpress.com/item/32780082297.html