**Official Clevo W110ER / Sager NP6110 Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ryan, Apr 7, 2012.

1. gamba66

gamba66 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah thats why I mentioned the mx150, in terms of a notebook gpu, it is really powerful in combination with te current mobile cpus like kaby lake.

I know that the w110er is outdated but I got it really cheap and I mostly play vintage dos games and maximum stuff like fallout new vegas so for that purpose it will be fine :)

There are capable ultrabooks now but they are still way too expensive just to mess around with and for any serious gaming I would do it on a desktop anyways. Xiaomi aur 13 with mx150 can be had cheap though but, in terms of cooling, it seems to be really inefficient.

I agree with the footprint but a downside to most ultrabooks (sub 14") is they are not made for gaming when considering their cooling capablities and thermal throttling because they are built really thin.

What I dont agree with is the integrated intel hd being as powerful as the 650m, it may be getting closer but intels integrated gpus still suck in comparison to amds... The 650m is still better than a intel hd 615, 620 or 630

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  2. Fungus99

Fungus99 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  3. gamba66

gamba66 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Interesting input! I didnt know about that one :) I would still argue nvidia drivers have an edge over the intel gpu ones.

And I would have definitely considered a laptop like the msi gs30 (which is the only 13 inch option I could find after a quick search) but seeing for what they go used on ebay it is way more then double for what I paid for the w110ER.

So anyone got some info on how hard it is to replace the keyboard and where to find a new one?

Also is the prema mod bios still available and worth it to use with windows 10 ? thanks alot in advance

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Iris Pro machines are not that common and do carry a price premium usually.

gamba66 likes this.
  5. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Keyboard is held in by spring loaded tabs along the top that are stiff and tricky to get out of the way. Small flathead screwdriver, push in and move upwards (toward base of screen) to push the tabs from where they sit on top of the edge of the keyboard and then the keyboard will lift up from that end, pull the whole kb up a tiny bit to free it on the bottom (touchpad) side. From there it's just a standard ribbon connector.

Keyboards themselves are very cheap e.g. here on ebay

I just ordered one as the last step in rebuilding mine for the last time after it came off worse for wear after slipping and falling behind a desk onto the floor. I say 'the last time' because of the amount of super strength epoxy I pumped in the mangled hinge support areas ... if it does come apart again, it'll be because it is ripped in half.

Such an awesome little unit, still more than enough power for a portable. And I got mine basically given away due the mangled hinge areas and severed wifi antennae (I hack-modded in $2 worth of external antennae points for much bigger range) and this keyboard is the first real money I've spent on a part for it.

gamba66 likes this.
  6. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So I tried a 3740QM in my now fixed up W110ER and it behaved exactly like the 3630QM that was in there, locked to 35W power limit (approx 32.0 multipler in TSBench), no partial multiplier unlock (3740 should go up to x40 single x38 multi), no turbo options in XTU ?? Temps not a problem, 82C max, and it's not VRM overheat since this happened the same from 1st second to the end of a ~4 minute TSBench 1B run

Prema BIOS installed, tbh I forget if it was the undervolt version or not, but I did clear CMOS and reinstalled XTU and nothing changed. XTU settings very much greyed out, all I could actually change were the short/long power limits which did nothing

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Yes XTU had to be unlocked in the BIOS for it to work.

8. Derpediderp

Derpediderp Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys,

is there anyway to get the UOV and OV Version of the W110ER Bios?
    I lost my backups and now i don't know how to get these bioses again.
    I already wrote Prema on his old Email but i don't know if he even has this Mail online...
    It would be just for personal use, so i would really appreciate some info :)

Cheers,
    Constantin

gamba66 likes this.
  9. Davik123

Davik123 Newbie

Reputations:
    Im having an issue with my W110ER. first of all the fan died. and the motherboard is only giving 0.11V instead of 5V so i used an usb cable and made it to and usb fan. but now the pc shuts off after about 20 minutes. even though there are no heating issues. Has anyone experienced anything like it?

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Does loading impact the timing?