*** Official Clevo W110ER / Sager NP6110 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ryan, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    If you are really stuck get another cable with the same pin LVDS monitor side connection (gold flat end) . The motherboard side (white end) is very likely to be different but I believe the pins on that generation can be carefully removed so get one with the same style of connector with the same monitor end.

Use a multimeter to trace out where each line goes, make a record of this.

Remove the pins from the connector and the donor and place the ends from the donor into the old and empty connector with the pin out you took down.

2. TyI2ael

TyI2ael Newbie

Reputations:
    This work is what I will do as soon as I find a similar cable. I have a cable available but the connector on the motherboard is also flat :(

3. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    You need one with a similar style otherwise it becomes a nightmare.

4. fuutah

fuutah Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Good day, question guys. Do you know if there's still selling this brand new? From what store? Do we still have it in ebay or amazon? I'm from the Philippines by the way, I still find it useful to have an 11inch beast. :(

5. TyI2ael

TyI2ael Newbie

Reputations:
    Discontinued :(

Does anyone have the datasheet or pinout of lp116wh4 sln2?

6. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Panelook.com ?

7. steberg

steberg Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My trusty travel notebook W110ER is broken. First the hinges and now the screen. Any European re-sellers with spare parts, @clevo-extreme? Any help is much appreciated. There is no notebook like this in the market today!

And all make notice it's a 11" notebook with a socket CPU!! No BGA here...;)

[​IMG]

8. clevo-extreme

clevo-extreme Company Representative

Reputations:
    We have still some spare parts, just let us know

CEG-Hardcorecustom 》Fastest Gaming Clevo Notebooks & High-End Mobile Workstations 《

steberg likes this.
  9. Forlanceabice

Forlanceabice Newbie

Reputations:
    Well, I suppose it is about time I came here.

About a year and a half ago, I accidentally dropped my WR110ER notebook. The notebook itself mostly survived, but ever since then I have not been able to get the battery to charge.

Mostly errors along the lines of "Plugged in not charging" or "No Battery Detected" types, even if the battery is plugged in for the latter. I've done my researched and narrowed down what the potential problem could be.

I have ruled out the possibility of the battery itself being damage, as when I installed a fresh, new one, it still had the same problems. From there, I concluded that the problem was probably a system component being damaged when it was dropped. The question is, which one?

Could it be the charging circuit that is damaged? If so, can it be repaired?

Or could it be another problem entirely?

Perhaps something else, like the logic boards being damaged? Unlikely, but something to consider.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2404105,00.asp

http://s472165864.onlinehome.fr/anyware/manuels/W110ER.pdf

A service manual for reference.

Further Notes: The notebook itself was a gift from my father. I have had this device with me for a few years now, and it has served me well into the current day. If at all possible, I would like to save and/or salvage it, as I have yet to find any decent competitors that could actually replace it in good order.

From what I have research, it would seem that it would be better to have the notebook replaced in its entirely due to the difficulties of fixing such a problem. Even so, I would like to make an attempt to restore it to something fully functional.

I will admit, I have no experience in taking apart computers whatsoever, except maybe to peak into the internal components. Even so, I am willing to learn in order to use my notebook as it originally was.

If needed, I can post screenshots of the interior if required.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

10. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Remove the battery and look at the flat gold contacts on the notebook. Some may be bent and not making proper contact. Especially likely if the battery flew out of it when it hit the ground. You can hopefully just gently bend them back into place (with AC disconnected obviously) so the battery slides and clicks into place smoothly.

If not that, then you will need to pull the thing apart and check for broken or loose connections

11. Forlanceabice

Forlanceabice Newbie

Reputations:
    I checked the contacts, and they do not appear to be bent. Far as I know, they seem to be making proper contact.

I should mention when it was dropped, that the battery did not fly out.

Let's review what has been established.

The battery itself does not appear to be the problem.
    The errors are either of the "Plugged in, not charging", or "No battery detected" types.

I suspect something responsible for charging the battery itself may be damaged. Perhaps a wire, or something of the like?

What do you mean precisely when referring to broken or loose connections? The wires that connect to the battery itself or the transformer?

Additional Information: Looking at the battery icon, there is a red X on it. I have changed the battery, there has been no change.
    ---
    I'll post some screenshots soon. Perhaps that may reveal something. Taking apart may prove to be a somewhat difficult endeavor, but hopefully it shouldn't be too hard.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  12. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    A drop could have caused damage to the battery monitoring/charging circuit which could read as a bad battery. A loose inductor or resistor in that area of the motherboard could be a root cause.