*** Official Clevo W110ER / Sager NP6110 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ryan, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's pretty near a double scaling (or quad I suppose in number of pixels) so scaling wont be too bad.

2. Razyre

Razyre Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Actually, direct upscale from 720p is hideous from what I've tried so far. It's pixelated as hell. Must be to do with the scaler in the screen. 1366x768 makes a marked improvement. I think it's because the Intel driver does a better job of doing the approximation and smoothing the pixels over than the screen does of scaling it. Weird because the screen has some nice flexibility in its OSD when it comes to making things fit.

3. mardon

mardon Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm in Hong Kong now can anyone recommend anywhere that could have a look at my W110er overheating issue?

4. bitslightlymad

bitslightlymad Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello Mardon, I am from around - and from what I have found so far - there's no store in Hong Kong - that's Clevo affliated (or Terrans Force - their China brand).
    You can try visiting in and around Golden Computer Arcade at - "Sham Shui Po" (Take the red line MTR from Central to Tsuen Wan) - Exit D2. Be prepared to walk every store and ask.

There are places that charge about $50USD just to open the laptop - avoid them.

5. bitslightlymad

bitslightlymad Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello Prema and Mod lovers,

I recently downloaded v3 Prema Mod UV edition for W110ER and flashed my stock bios.
    I noticed that as opposed to stock version - just opening 4 chrome tabs with youtube videos running pushes the temperatures up to 78 degrees and fans start blowing.
    The fan starts kicking with one video on chrome.

The stock version - I had more than 40 tabs open and atleast 2 youtube videos running. It was a very odd page that would kick the fans and temperature go up (a high resolution vimeo video) in full screen (on 2560x1440) .

Here's what it looks like with 4 videos on chrome - no other apps open (other than the background apps - like dropbox, box, google drive).
    high-temp-cpu.png

So, I reverted back to stock version (from Prema's website). It still is not the same as the 'real' stock version.

Any thoughts or suggestions to get the right mod flash?
    1) I didn't check any prerequisites required for v3 prema mod. are there any?
    2) are there any other installations required?

I am a OC noob - what is RAM OC? is that something real?
    Thanks for reading, Thanks in advance.

6. diegomcx

diegomcx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello guys!

Has anyone found a way to backlit this keyboard with mods or something?

Is there any way to make a led work using any connectors available on the motherboard? I thought something like using the fan connector to split power for the fan and to have a led, is that possible without burning the conector?

Thanksssss

7. mardon

mardon Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thats exactly what I did! I had a quote of $50USD as you said which is crazy so went and picked up a screw driver and some TIM costing me about $2. I stripped it down cleaned it up and now my laptop is fixed. Where as I used to have my turbo off on the CPU and under clock the GPU I can now run the clocks in my signature. Love Hong Kong BTW! Think I might have to try and find work her for a year or two. What an amazing city.

8. factory_666

factory_666 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sweet! Glad you have resolved the issue. It gives me hope that repasting mine again will fix my issues.

9. fuutah

fuutah Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    good day to you guys, been a while since the last time i visited this site. question for htwingnut and maybe for prema. im about to update my bios to prema's mods. quite confused regarding the difference between 3 kinds or variants of bios.

should i be downloading the V3? what about the V1 with RAM OC feature? and whats the difference between UV / OV / UOV? kindly enlighten me guys. thanks:confused:

10. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    That's because of FAN changes Clevo made, you must have used a very old stock BIOS before.
    So neither the latest Stock nor latest Mod will bring back to the old FAN behavior.
    If you don't like what Clevo did, you can use the PM v1.x version to flash the oldest version that you can flash without bricking the board

RAM OC = RAM Overclock
    V3 has better Win8.x compatibility

UV = NVIDIA GPU uses less voltage on all clocks = more battery life, less heat, but less Overclocking potential
    OV = NVIDIA GPU uses more voltage, but only on highest Turbo Clocks = higher Overclocking potential, more heat but less battery while gaming mobile.
    UOV = NVIDIA GPU uses less voltage on all clocks but the highest Turbo Clocks are Overvolted = more battery and less heat under normal use and higher Overclocking potential while gaming