*** Official Clevo Sager NP9155/ P751TM-G Owner's Lounge! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Which means you have to pay to certify each config.

raz8020 and jaybee83 like this.
  2. Porter

Porter Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I am highly interested in this too. I have tried to get it to run less than 3.7 Ghz but have not had much luck. Using throttlestop on every other CPU I have had I could play around with the % and get it to run at 1.5, 2.0. 2,5 etc but here it doesn't seem to work the same way. I asked about it in the TS thread but seems as though no one else understood the issue or cared enough to try. I am assuming that not many of us must use/create a "low power/quiet/longer battery life" profile on these desktop CPU machines.

3. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Make sure you are in a balanced power mode. If you've entered extreme settings in the bios then tone them down.

4. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    My CPU automatically gets throttled on battery and doesn't ever exceed 2GHz or 45W, so I didn't need to do any tweaking at all.

5. Porter

Porter Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have tried the power modes but not messed with the BIOS much, not sure exactly where HID has the settings. I guess I will dig into it more and try to find the setting(s) you are talking about.

That might be the case for me too, I guess I don't use battery much, my real concern is more about keeping temps lowest with minimal fan usage (also keeping quiet during low loads like just surfing). I mentioned battery because if/when I ever do want to use battery I would also like it to go longer. Normally I setup an 800mhz profile for just that purpose.

6. GizmoSlip

GizmoSlip Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I gotcha. I guess that just depends on how much battery life you want to get. I frequently take my laptop to Starbucks to just write/edit word docs and play music with Spotify. I'm curious what I could get if I got the processor dialed down as much as possible, undervolted, lowered clocks, etc...

7. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    You could squeeze more battery life by disabling cores and Hyper-Threading in the unlocked BIOS as well as enabling Speed Shift and setting EPP to something like 255 in ThrottleStop (which basically locks your CPU at 800MHz), setting refresh rate to 60Hz or enabling Nvidia Display Power Saving technology on battery in the Windows power profile, lowering brightness, etc. Honestly, I'm not sure how much gimping your system to that degree actually helps. The biggest draw is still the dGPU, which you can't do anything about.

raz8020 and GizmoSlip like this.
  8. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    sounds good. and correct that dgpu is the biggest power hog here. one could try and lock lowest possible clocks on both gpu core and memory, as well as lowering gpu core voltage as much as possible via msi afterburner...

raz8020 and GizmoSlip like this.
  9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    You can use Nvidia inspector to lock 2d clocks too.

raz8020, jaybee83 and GizmoSlip like this.
  10. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    absolutely! thats actually what im doing :D
    Sent from my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen) using Tapatalk