**Official Clevo Sager NP9155/ P751TM-G Owner's Lounge!**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    If you fine-tune it properly it'll work fine with 330W...

FTW_260, Papusan and Quadron like this.
  2. Quadron

Quadron Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Great thanks!

3. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You'll saturate the cooling ability of this machine well before hitting the limits of the 330W power brick. You have to keep in mind that the thermal design is unchanged from the P75xDM2/DM3, which was originally designed to support up to 6700K/7700K and GTX 1070N 115W. The GTX 1080N is 190W, and Covfefe Flake despite similar nominal TDP as the older quad-cores draws 50% more power in real-world usage. The unified heatsink works great for CPU-only loads even when overclocked, but it has a tough time keeping the 1080 on stock voltage below throttling temp under full load. And if you push both CPU and GPU to the max at the same time, it reaches heat soak very quickly and thermal throttles on both. The P775TM1 has separated CPU and GPU heatsinks this gen, but it doesn't handle things any better than the P75xTM1, and has worse cooling under CPU-only load. The P870TM1 with the dual-GPU vapor chamber heatsink keeps a single 1080 very, very cool in comparison.

alaskajoel, jaybee83 and Quadron like this.
  4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The 7 series also uses larger radiators to improve overall fin area.

jaybee83 and Quadron like this.
  5. yrekabakery

Reputations:
    The larger rad surface area on the P775TM1 doesn't seem to result in any meaningful improvement in thermals compared to the P75xTM1.

Quadron likes this.
  6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It will on combined loads, on single loads the effective area is larger on the combined heatsink.

jaybee83 and Quadron like this.
  7. yrekabakery

Reputations:
    Not from what I've seen in reviews and the owner's lounge, temps are hardly any better on the P775.

8. Quadron

Quadron Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Gotcha. Thanks for explaining that. Most of the time I'll either be running mainly CPU loads with video renders or games that are primarily GPU with 50% CPU loads. None of the games I play utilize 100% on both. So maybe I can optimize it to get away with minimal throttling.

9. yrekabakery

Reputations:
    In that case, yeah you'll be just fine. With a -150mV or so undervolt on the GPU, you'll have basically no problem holding 1848+ MHz on the 1080 without hitting power or thermal limits. Especially since you're getting it from HID, who have good QA and put in the work to optimize thermals by most accounts.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHmyv3RnaT3MauMG_tLaeaVgMY4b2XQJk

10. Quadron

Quadron Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have no respect for Vanu scum!! DIE!!! xD LIVE FREE IN THE NC! XD Jk... jk...

I was actually rank #1 in my server when the game first came out. I have over 3k hours in PS2. I gotta say that's some really good performance in PS2, though I guess those fights weren't as insane as when the game first came out, and it probably has been optimized more now.

Nice playlist, what are you using to record gameplay? I'm guessing it reduces performance slightly for you? I'm curios!