**Official Clevo Sager NP9155/ P751TM-G Owner's Lounge!**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Oct 6, 2017.

1. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    1080p with 4x SSAA is just as demanding as rendering at native 4K resolution. ;)

On the stock BIOS, I had no CPU throttling when gaming, even with the CPU overclocked. You can check my videos here (every one except DX:MD was on stock BIOS): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHmyv3RnaT3MauMG_tLaeaVgMY4b2XQJk

raz8020 and ElCaptainX like this.
  2. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    With that combo you can get away during normal day to day use (other than benching or heavy loads like AVX2 etc).
    For 8700K/1080 combo that's a different story...

ElCaptainX, Papusan and raz8020 like this.
  3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    The cpu run without undervolt. You won't lose so hard in the silicon lottery that you ain't able to put in an ok undervolt for stock clocks or even slightly overclock.

raz8020 and ElCaptainX like this.
  4. Quadron

Quadron Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Interesting and also confusing considering the Eurocom Sky x4c with 8700k / 1080 only comes with a single 330w and it didn't power throttle with this benching and review. https://www.notebookcheck.net/Euroc...0-Clevo-P751TM1-G-Laptop-Review.281388.0.html

If I wanted to overclock the CPU to 4.9 (sillicon lottery HID build), would I pretty much have to have dual adapters? Is it possible else to get two adapters and combine for additional power for p750 8700k/1080 combo units? I actually ordered two adapters with mine, but I don't have a combination adapter like what you can get for the p870 line. Is p750 compatible? Also, I believe the 330w adpater is rated for higher watts in surges right? It's just 330w constant?

5. NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well I don't think you will needed two adapters to do the overclocking but might be heating will concern for you. Because I was on same boat of P750 but after looking dual vapor chamber I changed my mind and purchase P870TM1-G aka X9C from @woodzstack, he done the all custom jobs for me. You can ping him here or his discord channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jaces9900 and woodzstack like this.
  6. Prema

Reputations:
    It throttled pretty bad, but with consistency according to that review...and that on stock clocks.

They don't spell it out and choose their wordings wisely to make it subtle and only compare it to systems with equal or less scores (that's why you want a system reviewed before comparable others and not after), so it may not be that obvious to the reader.

But when you e.g. take a brief look at the constant 3.7Ghz CPU and 1480Mhz GPU in The Whitcher (mildest of their combined load tests) while they are only 57c & 67c cold you get the idea.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  7. Quadron

Quadron Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I see. I saw the consistent CPU performance and was thinking it wasn't throttling so badly, but CPU isn't being limited by power, but by thermals when it's by itself. Noob mistake. It throttled on combined tests because of the power adapter not supplying enough juice then? Would the dual adapters fix that so then it's thermally throttled instead?

Edit: I'm still confused. The power adapter seemed to supply plenty of juice during the FurMark and Prime95 load test as both CPU and GPU became thermally throttled at 90c and 86c at the same time. They also indicated that they could get the GPU to max clock in Witcher 3 if they manually OC it. So I'm still confused because if the adapter is the issue, why was it able to run on max potential speeds to become thermally throttled in another test. Maybe they just needed to manually OC both CPU and GPU? Would the computer have for sure performed at a higher clocks with a dual adapter in Witcher 3?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just authenticly trying to learn how all of this works properly.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  8. Quadron

Quadron Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah, I'm aware the thermals will be a big issue, that's why I'm going the route of a delidded, LM, sillicon lotteried CPU from HID. Ideally, it'll run cool enough to handle OC during gaming and I can fiddle with pushing the OC for benchmarks as well, but I don't expect consistent loads beyond about 4.5 GHz probably, will be hard to say until I try it through. It comes from HID OC'd to 4.9 ghz... I'm hoping that since the processor is lottery binned it'll run much cooler than the average 8700k.

The dream would be running PUBG gaming loads at 4.9 ghz, but now I'm worried one adapter might not be enough to power GPU and CPU, though PUBG never utilizes 100% of the CPU. Again, it could all be a pipe dream, but I'm pretty sure this will still outperform just about everything else out there under 8lbs.

My goal is to get the most power available under 8 lbs so I can still take it with me as I travel, etc. P870 is clearly better thermally, but I don't want the 2" 10lb chassis as I think that's just too big for my taste. I've done a 12lb six core Clevo 3930k in the past, and its just too thick to comfortably take with me everywhere and the increased thickness makes it difficult to type and game directly on the laptop anyway.

9. Prema

Reputations:
    The AC Adapter doesn't matter, you could connect a 780W version and it would never be able to even make use of it on stock firmware. It limits the total combined power draw of CPU & GPU in addition to CPU and GPU standalone throttle. So that's what you can see in the combined load Witcher test.

(PremaMod models have these limits removed)

ThePerfectStorm and Papusan like this.
  10. Quadron

Quadron Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Oh, so it was the BIOS limiting the performance then? I ordered my p750 from HID with Prema bios already installed. So that won't be an issue. Will a single adapter still be enough juice for attempting to OC to 4.9 GHz while gaming with 1080 at full clocks? I realize thermals will still be an issue, but I'm also getting mine delidded, LM, with Sillicon Lottery binning to reduce heat, etc. Sorry for all the questions. Still learning and I appreciate the input.