*** Official Clevo Sager NP9155/ P751TM-G Owner's Lounge! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Paul16

Paul16 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am really planning to buy x4c laptop but what is interesting to me is there any way to increase battery life for non-gaming use. For example with power bank suitable for laptops.

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    These are not really the beasts for that but you can undervolt the CPU, keep screen brightness low and force lower power states on the GPU with Nvidia inspector.

Battery banks are perhaps dangerous due to the high loads these can draw under load.

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  3. oSChakal

oSChakal Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello guys, I recently ordered a SKY X4C from Eurocom and I'm having problems running my memory at the rated 3000hz and for some reasons, I can't undervolt/overclock without having the laptop going into an infinite booting loop.

The cpu is a 8700k and it's delided and came with the unlocked bios Eurocom use, which is a bios from america megatrend, it's the 5.12 version I believe.

Laptop is running flawless with low temps, but those 2 problems are still giving me some headache.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask for some help, but since it's the "official club" for the p751tm-g, I thought I might ask here.

Thanks!

4. NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You can contact Eurocom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. oSChakal

Reputations:
    Eurocom told me to send it back to them, however, paying 50$ for shipping (even if I'm still in my first year and in my 30 days since purchase) for a problem that I could fix myself...

6. NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So I think you can ask @woodzstack see if he give better solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    we will need much more info before we can help you there.

what kind of overclocking settings did u use? getting a bootloop points towards unstable overclock/undervolt settings. try and go step by step, little by little to avoid instabilities.

also, what tool did u use to apply the settings? directly through bios or something else like throttlestop, intel xtu, etc.?

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen) using Tapatalk

oSChakal likes this.
  8. oSChakal

Reputations:
    Everything is stock; I tried to undervolt, in the bios, as low as -10mv and it goes into a bootloop.

I tried with XTU, but as soon as I press apply, it reset itself, no questions asked.

For the ram, I used (or tried to) use the XMP profile that the bios gave me and again; no luck, bootloop.

Also tried the XMP profile (which is the same as the one in the bios) that Eurocom give in their command center and bootloop again.

The computer is super stable, passed memtest with ram @2667 (default speed) temps Under a 2 hours BF1 MP session are in the low 70s with highest peak at 80-81s, the GPU also stay in the 69-70 range because I locked the temps with Asus tweak.

If you need more info, feel free to ask because at this point, I'm out of idea.

9. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    hm ok this is indeed weird. have u tried throttlestop yet? and by eurocom command center im assuming ure referring to the clevo control center?

as for the ram, what brand are your sticks? if their corsair, dont bother with the xmp profile, its flawed. try and loosen one timing, say CAS, by one up, see if that sticks. this is just to see if youre able to manipulate ram settings at all.

has eurocom given you and info on what might be wrong here? they must at least suspect something if they want you to send in the machine...

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen) using Tapatalk

10. oSChakal

Reputations:
    Yes, it's corsair, a single 16gb vengeance stick. According to Corsair, the timing should be 16-18-18-39 @1.2v

Yeah, I can create custom profile, but I've usually only used the default XMP profile when overclocking memory since my knowledge of ram is limited.

I don't know what is the clevo command center to be honest, it's the app that came on the usb stick with the drivers Eurocom gave me, so I assumed it was from them, but it's a simple center where I can select what mode I want the laptop, play with the fan and I also have some OC options who don't work, but it's there.

The tech at eurocom only said to send back the machine, mostly because the white connector of the cmos battery is broken, but it doesn't affect the laptop at all.

If I need to reset the cmos I simply pull the wire and put them back in. 20180329_183701.jpg

Like that.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018