**Official Clevo Sager NP9155/ P751TM-G Owner's Lounge!**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Desktop 4k 120hz panels are not really out there and they don't need to worry overly about power consumption.

2. Redpenix

Redpenix Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is it hard to mount it? Can you use G-sync?
    I think it's the only flaw this laptop has...

3. HyeVltg3

HyeVltg3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm not sure how the g-sync module works here if you only swap out the LCD panel.
    https://www.techinferno.com/index.p...1-g-g-sync-lost-after-screen-repair-resolved/
    This guy only sent his laptop in for repair and Manf changed out screen to a different model and OP lost G-Sync, so I assume if you plan to replace the LCD, dont waste money on G-Sync ?

can anyone that HAS changed screens confirm this?
    My assumption was that G-Sync was the Module, not the Panel; so any panel could be used, just needed to tweak refresh rate with CRU or something. (I've only ever used FreeSync)

4. alaskajoel

alaskajoel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Both screen and GPU need to support g-sync for it to work.

I've ordered the 120hz ips display (currently have the 120hz TN display) and when it arrives I'll update folks.

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    The screen has to be one validated with g-sync on that model.

raz8020 likes this.
  6. Youki235

Youki235 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello guys, do you know, someone has possibility to check Is Plextor M8Pe(G), version with heat sink compatible with Clevo P751TM?

7. auto660

auto660 Newbie

Reputations:
    And that is one of the reasons why i am quoting you right now. Unfortunately i can't give you a private message so i will just ask it in this thread, since it is relatively relevant.

I am planning to buy a Clevo P751TM-G laptop, currently i am working on a 7 year old Acer laptop with an AMD APU... Luckily it does have an unlocked multiplier but that doesn't fix it's age. :p

And of course it will be overclocked, just like the Clevo i had before. Maybe you remember me from the AMD 8970M unlocked vBIOS thingy on TechInferno where you fixed the problem that the card freezed when the memory clock was increased, still many thanks for that.

Unfortunately there aren't any Prema Partners around here in the Netherlands or even anywhere close. The closest ones are in Spain and in Poland but that is a tad too far away from me. I do have a local Clevo dealer but he isn't a Prema Partner. Could you maybe supply me a Prema bios then? It's one very critical demand because i don't like to be limited in overclocking with powerlimit ********. I'm in an OC team where i do hardmodding, phasechange cooling, designing new hardmods and more of that stuff. The EEPROM programmer is daily used around here... If you want i can do a donation for your excellent work.

Please email me to:
    email removed, gotcha spammers
    If you have the time for that.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  8. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
  9. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    its all in the EU, so why would distance matter? even shipping costs wouldnt be that much more...

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Support could be an issue though.