*** Official Clevo Sager NP9155/ P751TM-G Owner's Lounge! ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Justin Tullos

Justin Tullos Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I don't think the mod bios is finished yet. Ask your reseller. Where you bought your laptop.
    upload_2018-2-18_4-22-8.png

3. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Pretty sure PREMA has not released the 8700K bios yet. HIDevolution will update you once it is available. You can ask @Donald@HIDevolution if they have a rough ETA

Justin Tullos and Papusan like this.
  4. Justin Tullos

Justin Tullos Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks guys.

One other thing that I've searched but couldn't find any answer to here. While I don't normally game with a touchpad alone, I can't use the touchpad and keyboard together. Usually that can be fixed in a setting for Synaptics in the mouse settings. Unfortunately, that Synaptics menu is completely missing from there. I've tried reinstalling the driver, and checked on clevo's page for an update but still nothing. Anyone have this issue? I'm on Windows 10 pro, build 1709 (up to date).

Thanks!

5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Charging $134 to place Kryonaut on the CPU and/or GPU instead of something else is ludicrous if that is the only thing included in the $134. Are you certain that it is not inclusive of a delid service and/or other benefits?

It needs to have thermal paste applied anyway, so there should be zero extra labor or effort involved in using Kryonaut on a new system during the initial build. The LGA systems ship without a CPU in the socket, so you cannot claim extra labor is required. You simply use Kryonaut instead of what would have been used in the first place. You use the same amount of product, and the cost difference should be less than the price of a McDonald's value menu fries (seriously). Absolutely not worth it at that price when you can buy the paste and do it yourself for free.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    Papusan likes this.
  6. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    The Prema BIOS has already been released for the EVOC High Performance Systems P870TM1 and EVOC High Performance Systems P870TM, and will be released for the EVOC High Performance Systems P775TM1 and EVOC High Performance Systems P750TM1 as soon as Intel provides the cure code for Sceptre and meltdown.

raz8020, sicily428, Mr. Fox and 2 others like this.
  7. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    ASUS released a security fix for my desktop motherboard. I applied it and noticed a minor decline in CPU performance, so I flashed back the old code on purpose. It wasn't enough that most people would notice or care, but it was enough to keep me a few spots down on the leaderboard. So, the priority for me was to get back the ~1-2% CPU performance loss.

t456 and Papusan like this.
  8. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    lol i actually did exactly the same on my machine :D only day before yesterday did i receive a windows update inclluding a patch to fix meltdown and noticed a decline in cpu performance in CB15 right away. so disabled the fix to keep the performance :p

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen) using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    t456 and Mr. Fox like this.
  9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Is effectively disabling the security cheating? The joys of defining benchmarking.

I think it would be at least worth separating the scores if it were possible.

10. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    nah i wouldnt say so. in that case, any windows tweaks (like disabling services, setting classic theme, etc) would be considered cheating. and basically every serious benchmarker out there has a "decrapped" windows version installed to get higher scores :p