**Official Clevo Sager NP9155/ P751TM-G Owner's Lounge!**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    The 8600K is limited by system firmware in this model to 95W and the 8700K to 118W, so it won't make a lot of sense to go for the lower-end chip.
    Edit: The lower limit of the 8600K was due to the user using OCCT software. Both chips use the same limit.
    PremaMod's don't have limits other than temperature, but it isn't available through your reseller of choice.
    Your 25% off trade-in deal there sounds good so stick with it and the default BIOS then tweak as much as you can to keep it in check...just my 2c.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  2. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    134 bucks for kryonaut *lol* just get a tube of that awesome paste via aftermarket and do the repasting urself. that, coupled with undervolting and good airflow will keep temps in check and maximize OC potential / minimize wattage at a given frequency :)

3. Redpenix

Redpenix Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a 1070, if I haven't said that before, so must take in consideration those 25W extra the 1080 has.
    I bought it from Obsidian, and would absolutely recommend it.
    https://www.obsidian-pc.com/en/clevo-p751dm2-g-laptop.html#.WoKldlU1_cs
    You can check there all the thermal work performed that I am enjoying now.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/How-t...ife-The-ThrottleStop-Guide-2017.213140.0.html
    There's a guide there. Basically you gotta go to FIVR and lower offset voltage from CPU core and cache (same amount), click apply and run benchs to see if is stable. Takes time because you have to do it with small decrements, but it's worth.
    My 8700k runs perfectly stable at -175 mV at stock.

4. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    Who wants 135 bucks for a thermal paste, where does that come from?

FTW_260 and Papusan like this.
  5. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    few posts up:

i think hes still talking about eurocom....

Papusan and Prema like this.
  6. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yea im not paying $134 bucks for thermal paste. I think they replace the mosfets with diamonds though.

Im only buying from there to get the 25% off for a working trade in.

I cannot find anyone else that will sell on me a $3,500 build for $2,550.

Or a $2,500 build for $1,875.

I already bought my $100 alienware that works to mail to them! : )

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's something that people have not got into yet. Replacing the MOSFETs with alternative chips :p

8. Troika

Troika Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'll take a look at it. At the moment, I've had pretty ok success with the OC utility that came on the driver disk that was provided with my clevo. I pegged the max clock speeds for 2 cores @ 4.2ghz, 4 cores at @ 4ghz, and 6 cores at 3.8ghz. My cpu temps went from 90C max to 77C max under load with 3dmark firestrike. 13C is pretty nice drop, maybe once I get the undervolt in and stable, I'll see better temps still. :) Now I need a way to undervolt my gpu. Its hitting 75C and I don't really like that. :s

9. Hyper Elite

Hyper Elite Newbie

Reputations:
    What temperatures are any of you getting on the PCH? Mine idles at 70C and gets well into the 90s when my 1070 is under full stress with the fans at 100%.

10. Troika

Troika Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Under load from Fire Strike, my board peaks at 68C, the CPU is peaking at 68~69C on three cores and 66~67C on the other three, GPU tops out at 73C. Fans are presumably hitting 100% usage at various points during the test. I don't have something to tell me fan speeds but I can tell from the sound they make. All the temps are from the most recent test I did and for some reason, the test isn't being validated because the nvidia drivers are messing with the anti-aliasing.

This is also with my -135.7mV undervolt. I thought that because I had Throttlestop closed out all the way that it hadn't been applied but I reran the test and I got identical temps with Throttlestop open. I haven't done a stability test yet but its looking fairly promising. :)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018