]]>

**Official Clevo Sager NP9155/ P751TM-G Owner's Lounge!**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, Oct 6, 2017.

1. NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Guys do you people use these laptop for normal work like making report on word and excel and also do you put on your lap to watching movies or doing any office work on the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Redpenix

Redpenix Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I play league of legends in my lap, temps are below 60º and fans seems to be out or extremely low, so any of the other tasks you mention requiere even less power.

3. NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    17 inch laptop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Redpenix

Reputations:
    15,6" The one from the thread.

5. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Geek

Reputations:

what are the highest overclocks you can achieve steady boost in game play in a demanding game?

Can you get it in the high 1900's mhz range?

Also, which display did you get? And how do you like it?

Is your cpu delidded?

6. Redpenix

Reputations:
    Yes, it's a delidded 8700k. Overclocked to 4,7 on all cores on aida was reaching 90º, but gaming haven't tried it. With 3,7-4,3 CPU was never over 50% so no point to OC it. About GPU can stay below 85º modifying the curve on MSI afterburner and reached that, but only tried benchs also.
    I got the IPS 60 Hz because I want it for other purposes than gaming too, and looks gorgeous, but can't be overclocked over 64 Hz. If you want it only for gaming probably the 120 Hz TN display will be probably a best option, but also will make CPU and GPU work a lot more, so the temps will raise significantly.

7. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Geek

Reputations:

If i use your bios, with a 8600K will i have more power head room for overclocking a gtx1080 to max potential? Like 15 or 20 watts extra headroom?

Seems like 8700k with gtx1080 would max out the laptops available power

And a 8600K woukd use a little less.

8. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Geek

Reputations:

Very helpful i realky appreciate it. Im looking at ordering mine within a week. Which thermal gel did you get on your cpu, and or gpu? Im most likley going to go for the 8600K, and 120hz TN panel, im undecided about 4k panel. It would be nice. But i think it would show the gtx1080's limits.

Nice to hear about real world experience with the p751! Did you buy from Eurocom?

9. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Is it worth adding Grizzly Kronaut thermal gel? This just seems out rageous for $ 134 bucks just to add it to my cpu, and gpu! Lol. Do they lap the ihs and contact plate? Or is the stuff that good?

Thats roughly a price difference from going 8600k to 8700K lol. With a nice performance boost.

10. Troika

Troika Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Alright, I downloaded throttlestop and Intel XTU but I'm having some problems. First, throttlestop didn't show me where I could mess with the voltages. Second, intel XTU let me change the clock speeds and voltages but it wouldn't apply them whenever it asks to restart. :/ It just resets back to default so I'm just at a loss at what I can do to reduce the heat output on my laptop.