]]>

**Official Clevo Sager NP9155/ P751TM-G Owner's Lounge!**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Phoenix, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I think maybe I was not clear enough. I do not hate this product line, but it does have a serious defect that anyone shopping for a new system deserves to know before spending their hard-earned money on one of them. The P7 family of laptops (both 15 and 17 inch) has a lot going for it. The one very serious flaw is its crappy cooling system. The latest 17-inch P7 seems to be better than it ever has been with discrete CPU and GPU heat sinks and a GPU vapor chamber. That is not available on the 15-inch. The poorly engineered cooling system and high temperatures cancels out almost all of the other really great things about it.

Papusan and NIGHTMARE like this.
  2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It depends on what you are after, if you want something more powerful with lots of storage and are looking to work in the 65-95W power range where you will still get a significant boost over the mobile variants then it's a good choice.

raz8020 likes this.
  3. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Well, what about the P775/X7C? It has seperate heat pipes. My absolute max budget is $2,500. Ive gotta stay with the p751tm1, or p775tm1.

My wife doesnt get why a laptop should cost so much as it is. The, " its for school babe" has surprisingly gotten my budget this high! Haha

Im using there trade in discount. So i can realistically build a laptop around $3,100 or so. The only thing i really require is,

Gtx1080
    Gsync 1080p or 1440p, unless it has 100% rgb and 4k and non g sync is ok.
    Unlocked bios
    Delidded

ive got m.2 drives to install myself. A simple mechanical drive is fine.

4. NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    But most of the vendors stop providing DVD rom slot otherwise earlier we can put 2.5 inc Hard disk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. Prema

Prema HIBERNATING

Reputations:
    You could save money on that 'unlocked bios' as it does nothing performance wise, which stock BIOS, Throttlestop, XTU or CCC won't already do for you. Not sure if they are charging anything extra for that delidd, but a razor blade, liquid metal paste and some super glue do the same trick. Screen is really a personal choice but in general 120Hz WQHD ('3K') for gaming and 4K 100% Adobe RGB for photo/video work...

raz8020, NIGHTMARE and Mr. Fox like this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Yes, the P775TM1 would be a better choice because of its better cooling system.

Wives never get it. I know what you are facing as far as opposition here. A bunch of us are in the same boat there, LOL. She should compare the cost of a $5000 laptop to a boat or hot rod hobby if she wants to know what expensive really looks like. The most important thing in your life is her, so make sure she always knows that. To make her happy, leverage the power of depreciation and buy a nice (like new) P870DM3 used from a member of this forum. Look in the marketplace thread. Spend part of the savings on her.
    If a person is willing to put up with a machine that overheats like a son of a female canine to get "what they are after" more power to them. I doubt there are many that are willing to make such a compromise and I suspect more than a few would have made a different choice had they known what they were getting into. The very least we can do is offer full disclosure about a product's engineering defects. I spoke about it often while I owned mine. It didn't make me hate it, but it did cripple it and severely limited what I could do with it when it wasn't handy to use it sitting on top of a portable 10,000 BTU air conditioner.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  7. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Geek

Reputations:

When I delidded my 6600k it was so easy, i just razored the IHS right off. And painted liquid metal on the die, lapped the IHS, and i used a white toilet silicone to put the ihs back on lol. Everyone laughed at me, but hey! That 6600k would run at 5.12ghz Daily stable! Which is a incredible for a skylake cpu. They were not laughing so much after that. I bought it non delidded from silicone lottery as a 4.8 model

Eurocom wants $120 for a unlocked bios, and a delidded cpu. So i figured it wasnt a bad deal.

I never used xtu much. I always used the bios, and never worried with a startup program to apply my overclocks. Unless its the gpu like msi after burner or something. I like to apply my 100% stable cpu, memory overclocks and there saved without a program.

Prema likes this.
  8. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Geek

Reputations:

Im going to browse used. But, I might just end up with a p775, or p751. Hard to find p870 with 8th gen used.

9. Prema

Prema HIBERNATING

Reputations:
    Stock BIOS already has those basic clocks/voltage options these days...there isn't much of OCing without also removing the firmware power limiters.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  10. Redpenix

Redpenix Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm getting temps always below 63ºC on Witcher 3 on both GPU and CPU (with -175mV on CPU and 1756 Mhz 800mV on GPU and automatic fans). I know it can deliver way more power, but it's a really nice sweet spot for a steady 60 fps in a demanding game considering its a 15,6 inch laptop with 3,4 kg.

raz8020 and Prema like this.