Official Clevo PC50DD2 / DF1 / DN2 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by BrightSmith, May 1, 2020.

1. Lzealot

Lzealot Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You have different profiles. Take it out of the demo profiles and find the one w solid color. You can then drag a box around the keys u want to change and select their color from the palate wheel. U can also modify the color by inputting numbers into the r g b boxes on the lower left.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

2. Lzealot

Lzealot Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Any chance of a picture of the heat sink when you repaste? I'd like to compare.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

3. Luca Brunetti

Luca Brunetti Newbie

Reputations:
    Unfortunatly i dont' have the option to drag a box around the keys. Also i haven't mode except the solid one (no demo no other modes.) I think i have to reinstall the ccc.

For the pic of the heatsink, no problem, next week i come back home (where i have the kryo) and i'll post the photos

4. comait

comait Newbie

Reputations:
    Luca I think that the PCX0DX chassis series have single zone RGB keyboards, so only one (customizable) color is available.

Lzealot likes this.
  5. Carlos Gomes

Carlos Gomes Newbie

Reputations:
  6. gooface

gooface Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah pretty sure it's just one color for the whole keyboard unless you got something special:

• Single Zone Multi-Color illuminated keyboard

comait likes this.
  7. comait

comait Newbie

Reputations:
    thank for the link,

as I was suggesting the "default" factory configuration is single zone, and as a option multizone one, only with multizone/per key one you can customize the illumination pattern..
    ref. Page specification D.2 3rd column first box:
    "Built-in Gamma Secure Pad OR Touchpad with Microsoft PTP MultiGesture and Scrolling Functionality (Factory Option)
    DEFAULT=> Full Size & Multi-Color Illuminated LED Keyboard with Numeric Pad
    OR
    Full Size & Full Color Illuminated LED “Per Key” Keyboard with Numeric Pad (Factory Option)"
    and if you look every photo of the PCXX serie the have a single zone (uniform color) KB

8. gooface

gooface Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My device comes today (with the 2080 super max-q) can't wait to get my hands on it. Will post impressions after I get it set up and configured.

Lzealot likes this.
  9. BrightSmith

BrightSmith Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Looking to improve battery life and found up to 77% in C3 state. Check your throttlestop if you guys have the same issue, it could be driver related.

10. BrightSmith

BrightSmith Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    A new benchmark

Witcher 3 ultra quality, hairworks on
    Max fans

GPU (non-overclocked) temps never reached 70°C, reaches 95w power
    CPU (all core set to max 3.5 Ghz) temps never reached 68°C, CPU package power reaches only 35w

FPS: around 70, between 61 lowest and 88 highest. Disabling hairworks increases FPS with 10 to 20

Conclusion: There is more than sufficient thermal and power headroom to increase CPU clocks, I'll raise the multiplier in a next benchmark. There is also enough thermal headroom room to overclock the RTX 2060.

Two more observations

1. The laptop gets hot after a few hours of use. I don't mean CPU and GPU temps, they are nicely under control, but the chassis itself.

2. The 'blocks' left and right next to the hinges are fragile. I bumped the laptop against a wall, not *terribly* hard, and one of the blocks became crooked and I had to 'de-crook' it. This might become an issue if you carry it every day to your work. Make sure you have a sturdy laptop bag.

For the rest, really enjoying this piece of hardware!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    jimmy00 and sicily428 like this.