Official Clevo PC50DD2 / DF1 / DN2 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by BrightSmith, May 1, 2020.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Definately, you want to be setting voltages and clocks rather than power plan limits.

ferris209 likes this.
  2. Luca Brunetti

Luca Brunetti Newbie

Reputations:
    Henlo every one.
    After 3-4month of INTENSIVE usage ican say that is a pretty powerful, well built machine (10875h, 32gb 2666, 2070super maxQ) . I love it, also the screen is incredibly good for a "gaming supposed pc" (calibrated with a spyder 4 and says: 97,1% srgb - 68% AdobeRGB - 72% DCIp3).
    I edit perfectly 5.7k video on Davinci resolve and an incredible amount of BIG raw photo files.
    Now the question is: the first month in full energy saver profile my battery lasted about 4h, now with the same profile is REALLY lucky if i get about 2h of battery. How it its possbile?
    I also setted up one of the profile in Throttlestop which mantein the cpu not over 2.2ghz all cores and everything is on full energy save profile.
    How long last your PC50DD2 batteries?
    Thank you

3. boggi

boggi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @Luca Brunetti
    Cannot speak for the battery itself, but I have another question. Where did you buy your laptop? Since most PC50DD2 I have seen only ship with a RTX 2070 max q NON super.

@BrightSmith
    sorry, was not active for a while here. But still thank you a lot for your response to my questions before, was quite helpful!

4. boggi

boggi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    btw how can I enable that my RAM runs with 2933mhz instead of 2666 on my i7 10875h, which supports up to 2933? I have actually 3200mhz Moduls but they only run with 2666. I guess somewhere in bios?

5. Jameth45

Jameth45 Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone know where I can find the "Wake on USB" or "Wake on LAN" set up on these? I can't seem to find it in the BIOS

6. ferris209

ferris209 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So, I understand that I cannot buy any m.2 memory to expand my storage, but I don’t understand what kind to buy. I want to eventually have 4tb of storage on my computer running across two m.2’s (x2 2tb sticks)

I currently have the 2tb stick that I bought factory from Sager Notebook. It is a WD WDS200T2B0B. As I understand, that one will not work with another stick, right? I would need to another type of 2tb storage to make it work with another stick?

I apologize for my ignorance on this, just upgraded from older technology.

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    You can use any combination of storage that you like in terms of size and have them as separate drives. The only considerations come in if you want to combine the storage into a raid array where getting identical drives is important.

ferris209 likes this.
  8. ferris209

Reputations:
    Okay, cool. So I can just buy any m.2 2tb and chuck in next to my current one. Great to know! Not doing any raid arrays or anything. I was under the impression I needed similar sticks for it to even work. Thanks Meaker!

9. ferris209

Reputations:
    I think my confusion stems from this statement under the specifications.

Storage

One M.2 2280 SSD, SATA / PCIe Gen3x4 interface or Two M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 interface (RAID 0/1)

Attached Files:

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Both need to be PCI-E if you want to run both but that's it.