Official Clevo PC50DD2 / DF1 / DN2 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by BrightSmith, May 1, 2020.

1. msolok

msolok Newbie

Reputations:
    Nope, nothing is running and enabling the NVidia GPU. I just tried it again, 20 minutes on battery with only Microsoft Edge and the Mail application running and I lost 18% battery. NVidia GPU never activated in that time, all Apps in Task Manager report 'Very Low' power consumption over time. I did a wipe of Windows and a reinstalled yesterday, to see if that helps, and the same behaviour still occurs.

Still interested in knowing if anyone else can get Window Device Encryption working, and how peoples keyboards are.

2. comait

comait Newbie

Reputations:
    My pc70 from pcs, the factory default single zone rgb keyboard, no the multi zone one, is very good (I come from a super fancy toshiba Mac like nb) . No flexing at all, key with a good feeling.
    May I suggest that At the bottom of your notebook there are some screws that are marked with a keyboard sign check that screeks are well serrated ( but without exaggeration) while keeping in place the kb. May be if not impacting your warranty undonthe screws and redo them..

For battery life, light load , with the power saver preset of ccc and a mild undervolt, mine endured for 4+ hours (it was not a test but I forgot to plugin the power adaptor :) )

(pc70 1t evo plus rtx2060 32gb)

Inviato dal mio CLT-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

3. Rennie23

Rennie23 Newbie

Reputations:
    I just ordered a Metabox PC50DC (GTX 1660Ti) for 3D cad work when on the road. The software I use mostly depends on CPU not GPU so I’m mostly interested in seeing how it the temps hold and how often I can use the full tvb. I’m updating from a 3 yo XPS15 so should be interesting.

4. ferris209

ferris209 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone have the PDF versions of the manual and/or service manual?

5. BrightSmith

BrightSmith Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

Attached Files:

6. aveyer

aveyer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What are the exact BIOS flashing instructions?
    Don't want to make any mistakes with it

7. disp0sable

disp0sable Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Same. Mine comes Tuesday and I'm trying to get a list together of first things to do. BIOS flash, undervolting + different profiles, Obsidian download, etc.

8. msolok

msolok Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have taken a look at the screw and made sure it is tightly attached. Even removed and re-added them. No impact on the keyboard issues, however.

Here is the one Metabox has on their website for this model. It looks to be stock from Clevo, and has a bunch of UEFI options in there that I certainly don't have on mine.
    https://downloads.metabox.com.au/usermanuals/PC50DF.pdf

One of the missing options is the Secure Boot options, which is what is stopping Windows Device Encryption working. I wonder if Metabox has stripped out the Secure Boot options from their UEFI, which is causing issues. Interested in hearing if other UEFI from other vendors have these options left in and working, and if Device Encryption is then working.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    ferris209 likes this.
  9. BrightSmith

BrightSmith Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Does anyone have the 'Overclocking Performance Menu' in the bios enabled?

Also, does enabling SGX in the bios still allow you to undervolt?

10. gooface

gooface Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    https://download.schenker-tech.de/package/schenker-key-15-ske15e20/

Just download both zip files from here ^^

For "Bios-SCHENKER_KEY_15_VE_SKE15E20_EC_1.07.02TR2" extract all the files then run the "ECFLASH.BAT" in the "WinFlash" folder.

For "Bios-SCHENKER_KEY_15_SKE15E20_BIOS_1.07.07RTR1" extract and run the "FlashALLWinX64.bat"

That should do it.