*** Official Clevo PB7xEx-G Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 7, 2019.

1. HenryCase

HenryCase Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you for the swift response. Funny thing is, I did speak to the reseller and they forwarded me to https://www.sagernotebook.com/drivers.php, searching for my model there only shows drivers. No BIOS/EC updates.

Again, thanks for the response and explanation of what EC is/does :)

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes we don't list the BIOS/EC files as people would often download the wrong ones and brick their machine. So we operate a request system where our customers can ask for the latest file for their machine, we keep a list and provide them with the exact ones.

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  3. HenryCase

HenryCase Newbie

Reputations:
    That makes a lot of sense :)

4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    So really it's down to the reseller, we don't mind others pointing to our drivers.

5. HenryCase

HenryCase Newbie

Reputations:
    Would I be able to acquire the latest BIOS/EC versions from you then, even though my product is not purchased from you?

I mean, even if this was possible and I would get what I need I will for sure not update anything right now, as I said earlier I do regard these as a dont-fix-if-not-broken type of thing.

I am also curious as to what the more recent BIOS/EC updates actually change. Would there be any change logs attached?

6. lappyluke

lappyluke Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    2in1 Headphone Jack Problem: Distortion Sounds

Hey there. I'm having a problem where I get a constant distortion/fuzzy background noise when plugging in headphones to the laptop via the 2 in 1 headphone jack.
    At first I thought the headphone is defect, but i tried it with different ones and apparently it's either the 2in1 jack itself or some other shenanigans.
    A weird thing I noticed is: at the gaming headphones that I use is an extra volume knob. When I set it higher, the distortion gets louder.

I tried updating all the audio drivers and deinstalled the SoundBlaster program but no luck. Seems to be there from the beginning, just haven't used headphones with it until now. The first time I encounter such a problem with a laptop.

Any1 has a clue what that may cause and/or how to fix that?

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Does the noise ever change with usage of the system?

8. lappyluke

lappyluke Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hm no, i would say it stays the same, except getting louder/more pronounced with the extra volume knob set to maximum.
    I think theres extra fuzzy noise when rotating the plug in the jack.

But with different usage of the system (browsing, gaming, music) its the same.

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Sounds like there might be a component issue with your audio circuit then, it will have active noise cancellation on it so if the drivers are all installed and it's still doing that then it's abnormal.

10. lappyluke

lappyluke Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hm.. any idea what I can do aboit it?
    As the laptops really loud while gaming, a closed headphone is absolutely mandatory to hear anything of the game - and these buzzing sounds are quite distracting.

I'll try manually removing any audio drivers i may find and install the latest ones that i find on the internet.
    Other than that?

EDIT: no effect on that. Another thing I noticed now is:
    When I have it plugged in fully the buzzing sound is only on the left ear, but when I pull it out just a tiny bit (so it's not perfectly fully pushed in), the buzzing moves to the right AND in addition theres actually a "squeeking sound" unregularly on top of the buzzing/fuzzy sounds.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020