*** Official Clevo PB7xEx-G Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Muuke

Muuke Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @lappyluke

Thanks! Now we just need someone with the RTX 2060 Version to come out and post one of theirs. Perhaps possible the difference is the heatpipe.

@Meaker@Sager As someone working at Sager don't you guys have any PB51/71s with RTX 2060 Configs?

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    We don't have anything that's not listed on the website.

3. Mateles

Mateles Newbie

Reputations:
    Muuke, you can check the polish reseller website they have some pictures of PB51 and PB71 (e.g. https://www.hyperbook.pl/sklep/1008-large_default/hyperbook-sl704-i7-9750h-rtx2060.jpg). SL704 is a PB71RF and SL504 is a PB51RF. Hope that will help you. However please keep in mind that i probably saw other cooling systems pictured in PB71/51 notebookcheck reviews or on the youtube (i'm not 100% sure).

4. Muuke

Reputations:
    @Mateles Thank you for the information! This has been incredibly helpful.

Here are the pictures and they seem accurate due to prior information (PB70/71 pictures)

PB50/51 With RTX 2060: https://www.hyperbook.pl/sklep/817-thickbox_default/hyperbook-sl504-i7-9750h-rtx2060.jpg
    PB50/51 With RTX 2070: https://www.hyperbook.pl/sklep/814-thickbox_default/hyperbook-sl504-i7-9750h-rtx2070.jpg

Differences: Only 1 heatpipe through CPU & GPU for RTX 2060 Model, this seems cheap for a 45W + 80W Model. Whereas the RTX 2070 has 2 heatpipes going through both the CPU and GPU as well as an additional heatpipe for the southern part of the GPU heatspreader.

PB70/71 With RTX 2060: https://www.hyperbook.pl/sklep/1008-thickbox_default/hyperbook-sl704-i7-9750h-rtx2060.jpg
    PB70/71 With RTX 2070: https://www.hyperbook.pl/sklep/1009-thickbox_default/hyperbook-sl704-i7-9750h-rtx2070.jpg

Differences: One added heatpipe for the CPU. This one seems much better if you're going for a RTX 2060 than the PB51.

TLDR: Don't get PB50/51 With RTX 2060. With PB70/71 RTX 2060 is fine and both look good with RTX 2070.

Thanks you once again Mateles for the valuable information. :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    Frencho likes this.
  5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    The GTX 2060 is a lower power chip so the cooling can be scaled back a bit.

6. Muuke

Reputations:
    Something that is worth nothing, I called my reseller and asked if I could have the PB50/PB51 with a RTX 2060 but with the RTX 2070 cooling solution, they confirmed with Clevo that the part is replaceable, and they can order parts from them. So I was charged an additional $15 for the heatsink/cooling solution. (Nothing... Especially for those improved thermals!)

I could either:
    1: Wait 1 month and have them install it.
    2: Have the laptop within 10 days and then install the cooling solution myself after 1 month when it arrives.

I chose the latter option.

So for anyone interested in the PB50/PB51 with RTX 2060, check with your reseller, it might be an option to get much better cooling!

Reason I mentioned it here is cause It's perhaps possible with the PB70/71 too. The improved heatsink should have better CPU thermals judging from the pictures earlier in the thread.

Best Regards.

7. Tootsie69

Tootsie69 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey guys... Anyone was able to scale back the FANs a bit ? Like make them power up and down slower ?

I always get ups and downs in spin times and I was wondering if anyone tackled this problem yet ?

Thanx

8. lappyluke

lappyluke Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Glad you got your desired 2070 cooling solution applied for you 2060 system! :)
    Remember reading a post by a german manufacturer that they were aware of the different cooling solutions on these but couldn't order the units with the modified cooling heatsink. They didn't mention ordering the spare parts themselfes though... which would be a great option considering the small extra cost of the heatsinks though!

Hmm would be interested too, I have experienced that rarely too.
    Did you try to modify the customizable fan curve? You could make the fans start at a higher temperature.
    Combine this with a customized power plan (--> core usage options) and it should make quite a quieter performance during idle/standart tasks like browsing.

Looking for an ICC Profile for the AUO409D / B173HAN04.0 display.
    Intensive searching the forum has failed me sadly, but I remember that I've seen such a fitting profile somewhere in these forums.:(
    Anyone got one?

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Every panel is different so if you need the accuracy then a calibration tool is your best bet.

10. faenil

faenil Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Would anyone be so kind to post a screenshot of the minimum discharge rate reported by hwinfo on low brightness, powersaving profile (nvidia off) , kbd backlight off, all apps closed? :)