*** Official Clevo PB7xEx-G Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Felix_Argyle

Felix_Argyle Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Use small pliers to unscrew those if you can grab the top of the screw

2. Samchanchan11

Samchanchan11 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks, I'll try that later. So far the simplest way seems to be using rubber band, which will probably work on 2 of the 3 screws. The worst screw will probably need something more drastic

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    If you want a set of screwdrivers that can mate perfectly in size to avoid issues the Ifixit sets are very good.

4. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Can confirm. Previous laptop had really badly stripped screws (may or may not cause I was using crap screwdrivers xD ) so I bought an iFixit Essentials kit which made the screws come out really easily.

Pliers are great if they're FUBAR'd. Just be careful to not hit the motherboard with them :p

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Yeah, dont scrape through a trace, it does need those ;)

6. Samchanchan11

Reputations:
    Thanks Meaker, that's what I have actually, and I also tried it with my older screwdriver sets and neither sets works. I'm going to try the rubber band method first. I'm thinking it should work on 2 of the screws, the 3rd one... might have to use pliers, and if I do that, that means screws #3 gone. I don't know if 5/6 screws is good enough to keep the heatsink tight. I'm going to contact my reseller and see if this is covered under warranty. Can anyone confirm though, if the screws aren't the kind that can be taken off? It doesn't seem like it, seems like it's part of the heatsink and can't be replaced

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Good luck :)

Samchanchan11 likes this.
  8. JEAMN

JEAMN Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Last weekend, I took my Powerspec 1720 and a VR headset to a town celebration event and spent the 2 days running kids through VR. It was a pretty fun time, but I was a little worried the heat and humidity might cause some issues. Despite that, the laptop was rock solid and performed really well.

I had a bit of scare at the very end, when frame rates completely tanked, but it turned out that someone had killed all the power to the pavilion tent and I was running on battery. =)

4W4K3 likes this.
  9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Lol, well it carried on at least rather than powering off :)

10. Samchanchan11

Reputations:
    How risky is it to use power tools on laptop's heatsink? I still can't take off the screws from the heatsink and thinking of taking the laptop to a local computer shop. I think they'll have to use power tools to get the screw out as I've tried gentler method and none of them work. I'm so worry that either the pressure or vibrations from power tool might damage the CPU/gpu. My only other option is to send back the laptop to the reseller and let them work on it. But it took them more than 6 weeks to send me the laptop, so I'm worry about how long it will take for fixing it