*** Official Clevo PB7xEx-G Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 7, 2019.

1. vegetaeater

vegetaeater Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Which is a shame. It makes such a massive difference in what a laptop's like to own and use.

Those of us who prioritise quieter machines (while gaming) are flying blind for the most part.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes it makes a difference but a reviewer is generally going to be of the view that their job is to rate the product as you get it as most wont be doing that.

4W4K3 likes this.
  3. Tootsie69

Tootsie69 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I have never seen such a quiet laptop while not gaming...

-100mv undervolt to everything

4. vegetaeater

Reputations:
    I mean, when not gaming, most manufacturers tend to have this down by now. "Silent" modes typically knock the CPU down to 'U' series chips though, which is crap for gaming.

Some, like Razer, offer good options for quiet (balanced) at 35W. In balanced mode, we're talking 43 dB in-game.

Now, I'm not saying that the PB71 doesn't do just as good a job. I know they have the option to run the CPU at 45W in 'Entertainment' mode, and I imagine this would have a negligible effect on actual in-game performance.... but I'd be super interested to know what effect this had on the fan noise!

5. vegetaeater

Reputations:
    Well surely a quick test in the non "high-performance" modes makes sense at least?

You can search "fan noise" in basically every laptops owners thread on NBR and find people talking about it.

6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Testing the modes would be more in depth and worth a look yes.

vegetaeater likes this.
  7. Saronen

Saronen Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello to all

I've bought NP8377 (PB71RF-G) through Amazon, and I must say I'm really happy to have it.

I have two possibly software related problem:

1- While tinkering with the keyboard RGB, meaning trying to make use of it in games, I've uninstalled clevo control center, but it didn't help in any way. So I tried to install it back through driver installation and windows store but i couldn't get it work as it's used to be. There's no tray icon anymore, it doesn't actually change the performance mode and keyboard shortcuts are not working for the rgb keyboard right now etc. I have tried many things (uninstalling through revouninstaller, reinstalling, trying obsidian software, reinstalling CCC; various combinations of these, all without success)

2-As far as I understand, the headset jack is a 2in1 jack, having both mic and audio output in one jack, and it's supposed to work with compatible headsets but I couldn't make use of the microphone of my 3,5mm iphone headset. I only get audio output with no mic input. What am I doing wrong or are iphone headsets are incompatible?

Any help is appreciated.

Best,

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    iPhone headsets can be a bit odd but what does the audio panel show?

9. Saronen

Saronen Newbie

Reputations:
    When I plug in the headset there's no indication that I've plugged something but the sound is directed to the headset. As far as the sound settings are concerned everything is the same, if you mean the sound settings by the audio panel here is the SS: [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Could you borrow a pair of regular ones from someone to test?