*** Official Clevo PB7xEx-G Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Ashlander

Ashlander Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Headphones / Heatsets have always been janky in Windows imo.

Someone between my friends and I always seems to have some issue or another every time we all play a game.

2. JEAMN

JEAMN Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I just tried installing an updated driver, didn't work. Uninstalled it all, reinstalled the updated driver, and it seems to be working fine now. I wonder if there was a conflict with Windows Update vs pre-installed vendor driver or something. Weird.

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The driver equivalent of turning it off and on ;)

4. Samchanchan11

Samchanchan11 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Does anyone knows any PB71EF-G/RF-G disassembly video? I've read some of the previous posts like Aquaorenji's and the subsequent answers but still can't figure out on how to get to the 18th screw. I took off all the the back screws and I tried to pry the keyboard, which the 18th screw is supposedly under but I can't actually take it off. All I can get off are the side sills/frame of the keyboard, but can't get the keyboard itself off. Honestly I'm thinking of just getting it to Best Buy and have them opened it up for me and just don't reinstall the 18th screw. Anyone knows if Best Buy insure their work? I mean if I want to break a tab or two off then I'm sure I can try it lol, the point of paying someone else (or rather corporate) do it for me is if something went wrong they're liable for it lol

5. 4W4K3

4W4K3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm convinced (other than the color) the difference between PB70EF-G and PB71EF-G is that damn 18th screw that I have never seen.

I did not have to touch or remove the keyboard at all to disassemble mine. Removal of the bottom panel is accomplished through removal of only the bottom 17 screws. The lower lid pries off from the sides, and then lifts straight off.

Removal of the keyboard is accomplished through 2 screws from the bottom which are clearly marked with a 'keyboard' icon. After removal of the deeper screw, you punch the keyboard up about 0.5" with a small screwdriver or other poking device. The keyboard unsnaps from the front, and you gently lift the rest of the keyboard by hand until it is fully unsnapped.

That is exactly the process I used for removal.

Vids which may help:

Samchanchan11 likes this.
  6. Horf

Horf Newbie

Reputations:
    I, too, didn't have the 18th screw but I think I see where it goes...

JEAMN--My headjack also doesn't detect correctly when I plug in earphones. No issue with a USB set.

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    This is the correct procedure yes.

4W4K3 likes this.
  8. alyandon

alyandon Newbie

Reputations:
    Where would one go about purchasing an extra battery for a PowerSpec 1720/PB70EF-G? There doesn't appear to be any batteries for it listed on the MicroCenter website and searching for PB50BAT-6 (the model # off the battery) leads only to a handful of shady looking websites.

4W4K3 likes this.
  9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Speak to a reseller, since they are not removable normally they are not sold as readily as before.

10. GGTK

GGTK Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Some resellers are selling extra batteries alongside the PB51 and PB71, but I couldn't think of one off the top of my head. Maybe they are a good lead?