*** Official Clevo PB7xEx-G Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 7, 2019.

1. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It looks like dream machines is a european based reseller. XMG / Bestware should do for you :)

2. Samchanchan11

Samchanchan11 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Curiosity question, is it possible to save undervolt in BIOS? I got my RF-G a few days ago, just been downloading drivers and basic utilities. Was going to do stress tests, just downloaded Throttlestop and according to it, it's already undervolted by -49.8 so I assume this is from the seller's stress test. Forgot to say I ordered the machine without windows so it was (I assume) empty SSD/Hard drive. So where did the undervolt came from? Also, is -49.8 a good undervolt or should I try to lower it even more? If it does come from the reseller then I'd assume he's more experienced on undervolting and probably have picked a good sweet spot? Any thoughts?

3. Tootsie69

Tootsie69 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What is this screw for anyway ?

4. Ashlander

Ashlander Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm not sure. As far as I'm aware they just hold the bottom panel. Seeing as they often come with them not installed, you're probably fine to just leave them out once you remove them.

5. Tootsie69

Tootsie69 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @XMG @SagerPR

Haha, as far as i know, nothing comes with no reason. :)

6. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The reseller probably put in their own storage to first test it and applied the UV then in the bios.
    Id say at least test if you can go lower. Ive seen a lot of resellers put in a -50mV undervolt out of the box.

Samchanchan11 likes this.
  7. JEAMN

JEAMN Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I repasted my 8750H on my 1720 with Arctic Silver 5 and that helped quite bit with temps. After gaming a couple hours, it's peak was 85, and mostly hovered around 75 or so. I repasted the GPU at the same time since the heatsinks are all one piece. That didn't have much effect, but the GPU was running cool anyway, so I'm not suprised.

Another interesting note on the cooling. I hooked my 1720 up my TV to try some gaming at 4K. With a few tweaks, I was able to play at 50-60fps (Witcher 3, FFXV, SOTTR), but because I was GPU limited on the frame rate, the CPU wasn't maxed out and ran nice and cool. (Topped out at 71 after a few hours). The GPU stayed nice and cool as well (70)

8. JEAMN

JEAMN Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    On another note, I turned on MS Hybrid in the BIOS so see what it would do for battery life. At frst glance, it was a bit disappointing. Windows reported the same estimated battery life. But looking into the device manager showed that the Intel driver's weren't installed, and Win10 wasn't interested in updating the "Basic Display Adapter" drivers. So I manually installed the Intel drivers. Once I did that, power consumption dropped nicely. Estimated battery life when from ~3hrs to ~5hrs (in Power Saving mode). I actually worked a little over 4 hours yesterday on battery, and had about 15% left.

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Did you install the current OS yourself or did your reseller?

10. JEAMN

JEAMN Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The reseller. It's Win10 Pro. Although I bought it as an open box, so maybe they reset it before reselling?