*** Official Clevo PB7xEx-G Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Choosing the paint job on the car at the end is how I think of it, maybe a slight body kit too.

2. jellygood

jellygood Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Do you know when these new 4K 120Hz 17" panels would become available and if they would fit into current lineup of Clevos?

https://press.razer.com/press-releases/crafted-for-creators-razer-blade-studio-edition-laptops/

• The Razer Blade Pro 17 Studio Edition will feature a series of firsts, including a new 4K 120Hz display panel, an Intel® Core™ i9-9880H processor, and the NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000 mobile GPU. These major upgrades to the Razer Blade Pro 17 Studio Edition allow it to rival even the most powerful of desktop workstations.

3. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Depends on supply and price on that.

4. Tootsie69

Tootsie69 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a question about the Optimus/Gsync options on these laptops.

My understanding is that you can't have both gsync and optimus at the same time. So If I choose Gsync, how will the idle power draw be ? My laptop will be on 24/24 and I am a bit worried about the power consumption.

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    10w or so higher iirc. You can switch with a reboot so unless you are gaming run in optimus mode.

6. Tootsie69

Tootsie69 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I read optimus creates a lot of problems.

If I take the NON Gsync model, will it have the mux switch to turn optimus OFF ?

How are the thermals if I turn off optimus ? Will the fan be ALWAYS on at 10W ? What if the screen is off ? will the nvidia still be powered ?

do you sell the prema bios with your machines ?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Optimus is quite mature now so problems are pretty edge case. The fans will always be on in dedicated mode pretty much.

8. lappyluke

lappyluke Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Okay, let's talk Backlight-Bleeding on the display of the PB71EF-G.

When I got my new laptop I tested the display on backlight-bleeding immediately, as this was the biggest flaw I would fear.
    I'm pretty new to IPS tec and don't know a lot about backlight-bleeding/ips-glow/clouding so maybe you can help me figuring out how good/bad my draw on the display unit actually is:

Here are some pictures from my unit:
    https://imgur.com/a/7GHQWoN
    (100% brightness, fullscreen black background completely dark room, no light sources)

First off, the effects arent quite as visible with the eye as it's emphasized on the photos.
    As you can see on the different pictures, especially the light on the upper corners are mostly relative to the viewing perspective but atleast always show when you look from the front (normal viewing). In general it seems to change a lot.
    What doesn't change seems to be the small lights on the bottom edge.

Question:
    • Should I return my laptop to hopefully get another one with less backlight bleeding?
    • Which areas on the pics are actual backlight-bleeding and what "just" IPS Glow?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    You will always get a higher absolute black value than TN. It's also impossible to tell from pictures like this a bad display from a good one. Cameras just totally distort what is going on.

10. Giorgio1010

Giorgio1010 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

I repasted the heatsinks, and undervolted by -1.35mV ---- next to no thermal throttling anymore so far, even without propping. HOWEVER, I kind of f***ed up and completely stripped one of the heatsink screws and partially stripped another. Anyone have any tips on how to replace them?

Possibly very dumb questions:
    Anyone know at the top of their head what size screws I need? Can I reuse the springs and how do I take off the washers? I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to anything mechanical =/...... so explain like I'm donald trump if possible =D

As far as I can tell it was assembled like screw-->spring-->motherboard-->washer. I have an eye condition so had some trouble seeing those small details.