*** Official Clevo PB7xEx-G Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 7, 2019.

1. SlashNLennon

SlashNLennon Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    My throttlestop is included in the startup of my unit. Ill try to remove it from startup later and restart my system. Ill try uninstalling the "clevo control center 3.0" right? I have already downloaded 3 softwares from the website

Control center 1.13
    Control center 3.0 ver 1.15
    And control center 1.17

Do i need to install these in sequence after i have uninstalled the control center?

Also where can i check the power limit?

2. SlashNLennon

Reputations:
    This is what my throttlestop screen shows under performance mode.

Attached Files:

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Is that at stock or have you made changes?

4. SlashNLennon

Reputations:
    Thats stock. I only undervolted my cpu core and cache to -125mv, unchecked bdprochot, and enabled speedshift epp set at 20..

I have searched that undervolting the gpu might do the trick (setting a custom curve using msi afteeburner) but its too complicated for me thats why i havent tried it yet.

5. SlashNLennon

Reputations:
    I have tried running my unit without throttlestop and changes in the gpu curve in msi afterburner. Still getting the power limit throttling. I just want to know if there is something wrong with my laptop and if i should rma it?

6. SlashNLennon

Reputations:
    I have messed things up. :(

Im about to update my control center but then i though i should uninstall it first for a clean installation. And then i uninstalled it and installed v1.17 from clevos website however even after installation and restart CCC wont start at starup. And i cant run it through fn+esc. I tried every version from clevos site but still cant install the CCC.

I was able to download one from sagers website but it is only ver 1.12 and it shows null under different pages of the CCC (see screenshot).

HELP. :(

Attached Files:

7. Xikar

Xikar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I ran a rendering test logged by hwinfo (thanks a_bolog and correct me if wrong) and although hot cpu, I don’t think I was throttled under performance and auto fan settings.

BFV plays cool and great under Entertainment mode with fans on full and a fanned pad underneath, shifted back so it blows directly into the intake grill. I plan to log that, so kind of anecdotal, but Performance logged throttling during the game.

I would like to relate something really strange tho. After a game, during the stats and common splash screen, the temps ridiculously spike to 95+ (Performance mode)!!!

I don’t understand that.

8. SlashNLennon

Reputations:
    Have you tried enabling the trigger for power limit throttling in msi afterburner OSD to check if you are experiencing any power limit throttling?

9. Xikar

Xikar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Mine came with a usb set of drivers from Sager Midern. The tech had me uninstall and reinstall CC 3.0. It was magic.

I uninstalled the Control Center 3.0 driver which automatically removed the app, then installed the driver from the stick.

Is your vendor helping you?

10. SlashNLennon

Reputations:
    I just messed this right now. Unfortunately the usb stick that came with the laptop is in the province and i cant get it until may 22