*** Official Clevo PB7xEx-G Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Xikar

Xikar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sager support had me uninstall and reinstall CC 3.0 from the usb driver stick which accompanied the machine. Solved the problems I was having with it.

2. AlexusR

AlexusR Guest

Reputations:
    Also, if you're curious about actual game results and want to compare your model in actual games, here are a few benchmarks I ran with 430.53 drivers.

Here's Division 2 in Ultra mode and DX12 (no changes to other settings):

[​IMG]

Here is Metro Exodus, using "Benchmark.exe" file in the game folder and using "Extreme" mode in benchmark:

[​IMG]

and this is Metro Exodus using "RTX" mode in benchmark:

[​IMG]

I don't have any other DX12 game to test with (and using BF5 is useless because there is no in-game benchmark).

Here's also Forza Horizon 4 for anyone interested (this game currently can be played for $1 if you sub for Xbox Game Pass, it can be played on PC), with stock settings but Frame Rate set to unlocked and Vsync set to disabled:

[​IMG]

And this is Shadow of the Tomb Raider, the demo that is free to download. All the options maxed out and enabled, including Ray Tracing Shadows and DLSS:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2019
  3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Just raising the back so the resistance is lower for the fans is all it needs.

Excellent :)

Xikar likes this.
  4. Xikar

Reputations:
    By the way, I say Sager but the outfit I got my old machine from and now this one calls itself Midern....maybe no difference?
    They have been quite helpful and patient with my nubbishness.
    =)

5. Xikar

Reputations:
    Since now able to access modes other than Quiet, I have played BFV on Performance and Entertainment using Nvidia’s optimal game settings.

But before that got straightened out, while still only able to play in Quiet mode, I noticed a temp climb after installing the latest Nvidia driver whereas I was running at 80/85c before and 85/90c after, but keep in mind that this is not monitored, rather, during play I would alt tab to Control Center’s fan gui for a quick check. Not very scientific.

Anyhow, in Performance mode I was 90/95c (with a spike to 100 in after-round splash screen which was weird and scary) but Entertainment mode was consistently 80/90.

I am trying to figure out Afterburner and ThrottleStop (found a TS page on this site) so I can utilize some of the advice given here about lowering voltages, which is new to me.

I really appreciate all of the good advice and information sharing here! I am learning a lot!

By the way, do you think I am just imagining a temp difference after a card driver update?

Thanks!

6. LE878

LE878 Newbie

Reputations:
    I just placed my order for the PB71RF-G. Thanks for your help everyone, I really appreciate it :)

Xikar likes this.
  7. TrashMcPhail

TrashMcPhail Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone know of any UK stockists of the PB71RF-G? Trying to find an RTX laptop with G-Sync has been painful, aside from the really high end £2.5k+, which is out of my price range.

Although I can find availability in the US, UK/Europe seems no-where has it.

Also, does anyone know if the panel in this model is IPS or TN?

8. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    But RF is the 9750h?
    I think it is not out yet, is it? It should have a 144Hz IPS panel.

9. TrashMcPhail

TrashMcPhail Newbie

Reputations:
    The post above mine has just ordered one, so it must be available.

What's the response time on that panel 3ms in line with the Asus RoG models?

10. LE878

LE878 Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes, the RF-G has the 9750h. Per the description, it’s a 144 Hz IPS 7ms panel. I can’t speak for overseas, but it’s available here in the US.