*** Official Clevo PB7xEx-G Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Firmware bug or some sort of program interfering it should be 45w even under combined load.

2. Xikar

Xikar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My CC 3.0 is dysfunctional. Cannot get any power mode except for Quiet, also the CPU tweaker is completely absent.

I have a ticket in with Sager, playing a laborious 20 questions game, so I’m going to try your suggestion if their next response is inadequate.

Their response to my missing Creative Cinema 5 software was a driver download...
    8)

3. SlashNLennon

SlashNLennon Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    What should i do then? Is this fixable? Or my unit is for RMA?

4. AlexusR

AlexusR Guest

Reputations:
    Yea, that is unfortunate and probably only fresh Windows reinstall will fix this. Just remember to install Clevo Control Center after you install most drivers like chipset drivers and other intel stuff, at least that's how I did it. Oh, and I don't have CPU tweaker with Control Center, just GPU Overclocking, Fan Speed control, Power Modes, Led Keyboard and Flexikey.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2019
    Xikar likes this.
  5. Ashlander

Ashlander Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    None of the Clevo software is 'needed' though. The laptop should run just fine without any it. I only have Hotkeys and LED Keyboard installed, just so I have control of the keyboard lights, fn key functionality, and fan control (packaged with fn keys as well).

Xikar likes this.
  6. AlexusR

AlexusR Guest

Reputations:
    I cannot install individual components when installing Clevo Control Center. Unless you're talking about third-party stuff like the apps from Obsidian PC developer.

7. Xikar

Xikar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Tech had me un/re install CC 3.0 and all good, except for the cpu overclocker which was shown in the manual, but if normal not to have, that's okay too.

The Creative driver download was supposed to trigger a download from the Microsoft Store but did not.

Sager does not delay in answering questions and I was being unfair about the "twenty questions" because that is often what it takes.

=)

AlexusR likes this.
  8. AlexusR

AlexusR Guest

Reputations:
    Nice. Glad to hear that everything works. Definitely better than doing a Windows reinstall.

Xikar likes this.
  9. Ashlander

Ashlander Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The Clevo apps are on the Microsoft store. Some of the resellers, can't remember which one it was, even directly links you there from their own drivers page. The CC3 installer from Clevo is just sort of 'sideloading' the all the Clevo apps instead of downloading individually from the MS store, but they are still the MS Store apps, and will update through that. At least this is the case with the core CC3 app.

You can verify this by going to the Clevo CC3 MS Store app page and it'll show as installed, and probably download an update. I assume the rest of the apps would be the same.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    AlexusR likes this.
  10. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Reach out to your reseller.

Xikar likes this.