*** Official Clevo PB7xEx-G Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 7, 2019.

1. AlexusR

AlexusR Guest

Reputations:
    Make sure you installed Clevo Control Center properly. It has different Power Modes, switching to Performance should let CPU use 55w, the Entertainment will let CPU use 45w, the Quiet mode will go even lower. Best way to test is using HWiNFO, in Sensor mode, it will show and graph CPU Package Power.

If Clevo Control Center does not work - uninstall it and reinstall from Clevo's site or from whichever reseller that sold you this model.

Xikar likes this.
  2. SlashNLennon

SlashNLennon Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Can you give me the website where i can download it? Our local reseller here in thw philippines does not have a download page in their website.. i am currently running control center 3.0 and the power management is set at performace..

3. AlexusR

AlexusR Guest

Reputations:
  4. SlashNLennon

Reputations:
    Which of the 2 should i uninstall?

Attached Files:

5. Ashlander

Ashlander Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You download it from the Microsoft store, just search for Clevo and it'll bring up all their apps. I doubt that's the problem though, all CC does is switch between the preset modes, it doesn't actually control the CPU.

I think it's more like a power issue. Was that taken while on battery by chance? I just ran a benchmark on battery and got exactly what you described.

6. AlexusR

AlexusR Guest

Reputations:
    You can try updating first by letting the latest version to install and see if that works. I believe latest version on Clevo site is labeled "Update Control Center AP Version 1.17".

7. SlashNLennon

Reputations:
    Nope. Its currently plugged in. My power plan for the battery is set as high performace. I have included this since when i got my laptop it only shows "balanced" as the option.

Attached Files:

8. Ashlander

Ashlander Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What are your CPU power settings set to? Maybe something got messed up when you made the High Performance plan. Does it do it on Balanced as well?

upload_2019-4-28_1-44-37.png

9. SlashNLennon

Reputations:
    It is set up like this.

Attached Files:

10. SlashNLennon

Reputations:
    This is with power plan set as "Balanced". Still getting power limit notification.. and with voltage pull at around 15 to 20ish at cpu.. fps seems fine though. Can someone enlighten me with what is happening with my unit?

Also i have checked in the bios that intel speedshift is enabled. Dont know what this does.

Attached Files: