*** Official Clevo PB7xEx-G Owner's Lounge***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Samchanchan11

Samchanchan11 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Is it worth getting the Sager NP8377 over the NP8371? The only difference that I can see is the 9750h vs 8750h that makes the $100 price difference. Also with their new announced line, Sager changed the memory options that you can get. It was possible to get 2x8 GB on NP8371, now the smallest one you can get is 1x16, or you have to upgrade to 2x16 for dual channel. They also changed the chipset from HM175 to HM370 though, which is kinda nice

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I'd say the 8th gen model is a nice deal.

3. Ashlander

Ashlander Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Do you happen to know how much of an improvement the 9th gen is? Really want to see some comparisons between the two now.

4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    At the same core count it's going to be very similar.

5. Xikar

Xikar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ah!

Put my machine on an antique grocery scale using an unopened jar of mustard to calibrate it.

The old scale springs have lost their tension somewhere between 5 to 10 percent against the advertised weight of the mustard jar...which is large because I love mustard. The plastic “jar” has weight which would not be included in the advertised product weight, therefore the actual 10% offset is actually less.

I got 6.63 lbs without the old scale deduction, battery included.

With the power supply and cable, I got 8.5 lbs, also without the old scale deduction.

And you are so right about schlepping around a notebook! I use a Targus case with wheels and my back appreciates it.

=)

a_bolog likes this.
  6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    A backpack properly adjusted and fitting well is a MUST for the bigger beasts (my old P570WM and 2 power supplies was around 10KG).

Xikar likes this.
  7. Xikar

Xikar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay found your technique indispensable, as scaling Mount Everest with wheels were out of the question.

8. SlashNLennon

SlashNLennon Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    did anyone already tested their unit in final fantasy xv? i just received mine today. updated drivers. nvidia drivers and windows. at the starting scene, after they have pushed the car im getting about 60 to 64 FPS with all settings maxed out. is this normal?

also what are your firestrike ratings? how can i check if i am running my system at its full capability? i have rtx 2070 (non max q) and 32gb (16x2) 3000mhz ram.

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Have you used MSI afterburner to monitor your clocks and power usage?

10. SlashNLennon

SlashNLennon Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yes. And i noticed that i am experiencing power limit throttling.. core speeds never exceed 2.6mhz and its only pulling around 20+ watts..

Attached Files: