*** Official Clevo PB5xExx(-G) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 7, 2019.

1. M4cr0s

M4cr0s Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah, so apparently these laptops can die like anything else.

After a few days of intense setting up and configuring all the software I need, I was working in Premiere and suddenly a slight "pop" and my PB51RF goes all black. Completely dead. No diodes light up, no response from power button. It does not even seem to attempt to start POST. Attempted a CMOS clear and unplugged drives and such "just in case", but I knew instantly that it was a gonner when it went out like that. Nothing particular done with it, except swapping some drives and undervolting.

I've built computers since the 486DX4 was the hottest thing on the marked and can't remember one dying so sudden like this and be absolutely dead as a dodo. Got to be internal power suppy or mobo. No smell of burning or unusual heat. Been working mostly ok this far, but had one serious crash to black screen and reboot a couple of days ago.

Time to go through RMA and all that stuff. Sigh...

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Likely a VRM, it will certainly need to back.

M4cr0s likes this.
  3. M4cr0s

M4cr0s Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You are probably correct. I trust the reseller will sort me out. Only ting lost, is time to ship it back and forth and some irritation gained. Such is life.

4. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone here gone from an Intel 9560 to the Intel AX200 wifi card? Was wondering if it would be worth spending the £20 getting it.

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Only with a router that supports it.

6. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Guys I have a major issue. My laptop has stopped detecting my M.2 ssd (Adata SX8200 PRO 512GB) and that was my boot drive so I have zero clue what to do now.
    At first, it was detected but windows was crapping out so I tried putting in a hard drive with another installation of windows to try and pull the data from it but it's no longer being detected.

EDIT: Okay so it is being detected but only 0.9GB is found :/

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    You could see if it works in an external enclosure.

8. hodgeMN

hodgeMN Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    For the Microcenter Powerspec 1520, can we use another resellers bios? It seems the microcenter support page for this product has been archived and not longer updated.

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Probably? That is the issue going with a big box store.

10. hodgeMN

hodgeMN Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If you live near a Microcenter, keep an eye as they are beginning to clearance these. Found an open box for 900 and it came with a full year warranty (used my citi card as they extend the warranty another 2 yrs for free). Perfect condition but ran a little warm and has minimal light bleed in the lower right hand corner. Did a repaste with ICQ diamond and undervolted -130 on both the cache and core and CPU temps are nice - low to mid 60's on p95 with only a 3 degree difference on all the cores. The cpu was pulling just under 60 watts and running all cores a hair under 3.9 ghz.