*** Official Clevo PB5xExx(-G) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    We sell the sn750 1tb with it but I believe that is still single sided. I do think it will fit just fine but most stores you would order it from would have a decent returns policy just in case.

2. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone here got liquid metal for their laptop? How well does it improve thermals?

EDIT: No idea why I asked this when I had some spare liquid metal xD
    Temps dropped to 77C max using automatic fans during CB R20 run. Score increased by 80 points while being quieter. At max fans, it reaches a max of 73C. Pretty god damn nice if I do say so myself.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  3. B0B

B0B Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    This review unit has LM.

4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    So long as the contact is good LM is always going to improve temps about the same amount.

5. TheUberMedic

Reputations:
    Decided to mess with the fan curve since CC3.0 has a somewhat decent custom option. Temps now reach a max of 90C on the CPU but it's now a simple hum when under load :D

6. accordion

accordion Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yea WD Black is single sided up to 2TB along with Samsung. Is the whole problem whether or not there's enough height? The actual thickness between single vs. double is less than 1mm. I'm more worried about whether the components underneath will be damaged by the heat or close contact. There is no information in the manual either. Not sure why the answer is hard to find when double sided M.2 sticks are much cheaper than the default Samsung/WD Black options offered by resellers.

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    It's all about physical space yes. Heat should not be an issue as the PCB of the motherboard can dissipate heat.

8. rangek

rangek Newbie

Reputations:
    I repasted my powerspec 1520 with mastergel maker and undervolted to .125 and wasn’t getting thermal throttling but was being power limit throttled to 3.6-3.7ghz with cool temps. I unlocked the tdp and can now pull 3.9 on all cores but thermal throttles. Should I keep it at 3.6-3.7 or undervolt more and keep the 3.9ghz? How would this impact performance?

9. B0B

B0B Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Only you can answer that question. Nice job on your testing so far!

How you use your laptop and preferred tolerance of things will be different than someone else’s.

10. TheUberMedic

Reputations:
    Depends. If you're playing a lot of GPU bound games, I'd take the lower temps since the heatpipes are connected so you wont affect the GPU as much. If you're doing more CPU bound tasks, take the higher boost clocks