*** Official Clevo PB5xExx(-G) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 7, 2019.

1. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Does anyone have the model for the oled screen?

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Not confirmed but not exactly a lot of options on the market for oled panels.

3. GGTK

GGTK Newbie

Reputations:
    Does any storefront list the PB51RF-G? I can find the non-Gsync version, but that comes with a UHD glossy display (OLED is nice but glossy screens and Windows scaling are definitely not)

4. Jetcat3

Jetcat3 Newbie

Reputations:
    Super exited about the OLED option as Samsung Display is the only game in town that I know of producing a 4K 15.6” panel.

Lisa from Mobile Tech lists the panel as SDCA029 in the M15. HP has it in their x360. https://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/hp-spectre-x360-15-inch-oled

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13896/samsung-unveils-15-6-inch-ultra-hd-oled-display-for-laptops

Do y’all think, as this is a 60Hz panel, that it would be a good a paring with the GTX 1660 Ti? Seems like most games could be played with Ultra settings in 1080P and a few could push 1440P and maintain 60FPS.

5. Ashlander

Ashlander Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm not sure if Optimus makes the Turing GTXs suffer from the same performance handicap as the RTX chips or not. I'd suspect they do, so probably wouldn't get much better framerates than a 1060 or 1070 MQ.

I'd love an OLED panel, hopefully one compatible with the RTX chips (if possible) becomes available in the future.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Sounds like a good combination to me, especially if you are more of an image quality over raw FPS person or balanced between the two.

Jetcat3 likes this.
  7. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Even without the Optimus performance loss, the Turing GTX mobile GPUs aren’t faster, as the 1660 Ti is slower than the 1070MQ and the 1650 is slower than the 1060.

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    The 1660 is just a small jump over the 1060. The 2060 is the full jump in performance.

9. GGTK

GGTK Newbie

Reputations:

I don’t think I mind the FPS since I haven’t used a 144Hz display regularly yet, but the UHD is something I do have a problem with (and I’m sure other people as well) because I use a lot of legacy applications that don’t play nice with UHD.

Then again modern applications don’t play nice on 1080p already. Windows ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    OLED is for content creation/consumption si the 4k is an obvious choice for that if you were going to make one panel.