*** Official Clevo PB5xExx(-G) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's up to you really, if you do want to hammer it and want some peace of mind on temps they will go down.

2. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    Max fans work great, but yeah, it introduces noise, wear, and possibly more maintenance (max fans are more liable to suck up more dust/debris). Ideally you want to lower temps without introducing more wear & tear.

3. Ashlander

Ashlander Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @Meaker@Sager @Prostar Computer

Just out of curiosity, do either of you know exactly what the "High Performance" power plan in Windows is doing? I always thought it was just locking the CPU at 100%, among some other things, but my graphics score in Firestrike is a good 200-300 higher with it on despite the same or similar clocks, so it must be doing something with the GPU as well but I see no settings related to that in the advanced options. I made a copy of the High Performance power plan and switched the min CPU setting back down to 5%, as well as some other settings to match the Balanced profile, but the Graphics score stayed higher as well as the temps. ie, neither dropped to match the Balanced gfx score or temps, as I would have expected if those settings were the only difference.

4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Its removing idle clocks or slowing down under lighter loads. This means that it can respond slightly quicker.

5. Prostar Computer

Reputations:
    Pretty much what Meaker said. Balanced introduces some latency in the CPU's frequency scaling. It should be pretty subtle, though.

6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    It's not going to be perceptible, it's just going to show up in benchmarks unless you are going full extreme clocking.

7. Prostar Computer

Reputations:
    I.e. it should be subtle. ;)

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Except in terms of battery life and noise at idle ;)

9. B0B

B0B Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I see that you can configure these with an OLED display. Any thoughts on these from the resellers here? Seems like it's the best value on the market for OLED as a similar spec's Razer OLED is about $1200+ more expensive.

10. Prostar Computer

Reputations:
    100% NTSC and a glossy finish look awfully pretty. At 60 Hz refresh though? Maybe not a gamers' first choice. It's a good looking panel in any case, bright and good saturation.