*** Official Clevo PB5xExx(-G) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 7, 2019.

1. t7540

t7540 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This is great data to have as a prospective buyer. Thanks much!

2. a_bolog

a_bolog Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone know what are the differences between these models?
    Capture.JPG

I see that some have orange accents, different sound and metal designs. But still, there are like 12 different models.

Also, the metal design means just the type of finish treatment?

3. Ashlander

Ashlander Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The PB50xx is gunmetal grey and has the orange accent, PB51xx is all black with a silver accent. The RF,RD,RC specifies which GPU it has, and the 1 specifies a different speaker system.

EDIT: Looks like they got rid of the gunmetal grey for the 9th gen refresh. On the Clevo site they look black with the orange accent now.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    a_bolog likes this.
  4. TLMichaelScarn

TLMichaelScarn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Only on external works fine at 144hz. It's only when I mirror the displays that I can't run the external at 144hz.

5. Stooj

Stooj Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    How is your external monitor connected? DP/HDMI/TB3?

When you display mirror, the entire DWM must sync and copy between them. Have you checked for anything which may be slowing the DWM down? Apparently the Xbox DVR can cause this.

6. TLMichaelScarn

Reputations:
    Xbox DVR is disabled. The external monitor is connected through the mini display port.

7. TLMichaelScarn

Reputations:
    Okay, I fixed it. I'm mirroring displays with both at 144hz now. I switched from Discrete to Hybrid. This allowed me to set external to 144hz. Rebooted and re-enabled discrete. 144hz stuck. All good now!

8. Stooj

Stooj Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That's interesting. I wonder if it's something EDID related when the MUX switch is changed.

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Or it was the colour settings.

10. LastSicarius

LastSicarius Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys. I got my laptop last week(PB51ED). My set up include rtx2060, i7-8750H, 16GB RAM(I put additional 8GB from my previous laptop), 240gb ssd on m2(additional samsung evo 860 500gb sata) and 144HZ IPS screen. Generally i'm happy but have 2 issues. Firstly i have bleeding on right down corner of screen. It is only noticable on black background but still i'm not 100% happy with that. Also have some problem with clevo centre. Most of option have "null" instead of name. That weird. Also Keyboard... i dont know if i have light per key but in clevo centre i can only pick one color for all and sometimes when i sleep my laptop and then open it, it lost keyboard light(I need to open keyboard centre and it backs). Mostly that case with Clevo Centre annoys me. Anyone knows how to fix it? I will reinstall it today.
    But temps are really good. I got -0.125v on cpu, and in games mostly its under 80C for CPU and less than 70C(i didnt really look at gpu temp because it looks okey for me at beginning). Only in peak cpu hits 82/83C. For me its awesome results. Also build quality are good. Only that screen...