*** Official Clevo PB5xExx(-G) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 7, 2019.

1. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
  2. hoyhey

hoyhey Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I have tried going into BIOS to overclock the Ram by selecting XMP profile. But the machine failed to boot. Do I need to change anything apart from selecting XMP profile?

Or should I select "custom profile" and adjust values manually? I tried that by increasing the multiplier by 1 but again machine failed to boot. Now I am just reverting everything to default.

Thanks.

3. taraquin

taraquin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Try a custom profile. What is the exact specs on your RAM? If it`s for instance 2666 19-19-19-40, try ching to for instance 2800 at same timings. If that fails, try using lower timings on 2666. For instance 18-19-19-40. The first value generally affects gaming performance the most. If 2800 works, try 2933, if that works, try 3000 and so forth. When you find the highest stable speed then try reducing the timings. On my setup I got from 2133 15-15-15-35 to 2400 14-15-15-35 and I reduced tRFC slightly.

4. SlashNLennon

SlashNLennon Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Been eyeing this one for a while though im a bit curious on what kind of panel does it use. I am gonna order from a local shop in our country and it just says "Wide Viewing Angle" as the panel details. Is it a tn, ips, or va panel?

Im coming from an ips paneled laptop. How would it be compared to that? Im also gonna avail the color calibration option under the panel customization.

Feedback on this would be much appreciated!

5. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This device has a good AUO IPS panel. The same as for instance the MSI GS65 stealth. Enough reviews on that laptop.

6. SlashNLennon

Reputations:
    Is it an ips panel? I have contacted the sales department of our local reseller and said that it is a tn panel? And also as seen in this link. Its also a TN panel.

https://www.gentechpc.com/product-p/sager-np8356.htm

I really want to order this unit right now but im kinda torn when i learned about the tn panel. Im not an fps player so i dont care about that 1ms panel. Im much concerned for the colors and viewing angles since i came from an ips panel laptop.

7. Master Stewie

Reputations:
    Specs ar Clevo are ips screen

8. Ashlander

Ashlander Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Its an IPS panel. Viewing angles are great, and my particular unit has very minimal light bleed, even without getting the 'low light bleed' option. Your mileage will vary with the light bleed of course.

9. SlashNLennon

Reputations:
    But why doesnt it say here? Their tech support also said its a tn panel. See attached screenshots.

Attached Files:

10. Master Stewie

Reputations:
    He is wrong...