*** Official Clevo PB5xExx(-G) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 7, 2019.

1. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Alright so two things:
    1. Looks like the GPU clock issue was due to the GPU OC tool that comes with CCC. Unfortunately, uninstalling it doesn't stop it so I'm forced to use that now. No more undervolting for me ;-; At least it's fine at +150Mhz core, +400 Memory
    2. I brought the RAM speed down to 3000Mhz CL15. Same latency but I can set the system agent back down to 0

2. Its_Snowing

Its_Snowing Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anybody know where I can download the drivers for this laptop? Specifically I've had 2 BSODs recently due to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL errors with kbdclass.sys failing, so I'd like to try a keyboard driver refresh....

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Usually resellers offer downloads, you could check our download pages.

4. Its_Snowing

Its_Snowing Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm back again posting on this apparently dead thread. This laptop has started having more problems it seems. In addition to never solving the previous keyboard driver issue I experienced (which has not happened since then thankfully, but for unknown reasons) the wifi card is now having problems. In particular the Intel Wireless AC 9560 160Mhz quits randomly preventing detection of all wifi networks and displays 'Code 10' in device manager.

It seems the Code 10 issue is a known problem with this particular card though and I found discussions going back 2 years all over the place and for various different laptops and PCs all with this card. The ONLY thing I've gotten to work temporarily is uninstall the card and drivers, reinstall the driver automatically and then shut down and boot up the laptop. BUT THEN THE CARD RANDOMLY STOPS WORKING AGAIN
    I'm at my wits end with this. There's no consistency to when and why this happens and the fixes don't *really* fix the issue.

Has anybody had experienced this?

5. Ashlander

Ashlander Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I would just replace it with the newer Intel WiFi 6 AX201 card. Better future proofing, should eliminate any issues with your current card, and I think they're only like $30.

4W4K3 likes this.
  6. 4W4K3

4W4K3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    AFAIK my PB70 has the same network card and I have not experienced any issues since purchase. I might be on borrowed time though :eek:

7. Ashlander

Ashlander Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Mine hasn't either. I'm guessing his just has a defective card, or driver issues, not seated property, or something along those line.

Regardless I'd just swap it out for the newer one. Upgrade to ax, and fix his technical issues all at once (assuming his router supports ax). I've been meaning to do it for like a year but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    I have seen it happen with a variety of wireless cards. Not too expensive to replace at least.

9. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Is there an unlocked BIOS for this laptop anywhere that gives extra features and such? Just curious if this sorta thing exists like a PREMA BIOS

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Not that I am aware of.