*** Official Clevo PB5xExx(-G) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 7, 2019.

1. accordion

accordion Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a PB51EF-G and this problem has been happening to me even though the headset mic detection was working fine initially. No matter what I plug in to either audio jack, split or single, the default mic will always stay on the built-in laptop mic and the headset mic doesn't get recognized. Does anyone have a solution for this?

2. IamTechknow

IamTechknow Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This issue seems to happen across a variety of Clevo laptops, including my P960ED. I found some driver versions are perfectly fine for my laptop's speakers and headset jack, and others simply don't work. I'm on Windows 10 1909 and the latest drivers that work for me are 6.0.8794.1 (which come from the Clevo drivers website, model P950RC_RD_RF/P960/P970RC_RD_RF_RN)

Maybe try installing the latest audio drivers for your model?

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The paste pattern left when taking the heatsink on tells all about fit and pressure basically.

4. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Nice increase across the board there.

6. hoyhey

hoyhey Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Is the GPU overclocked as well? Some review sites they could push 2070 over 8,000 in graphics score

7. TheUberMedic

Reputations:
    Yeah the GPU is overclocked as well. I pushed the core clocks as far as I can but the memory I might be able to push further. Although, Destiny doesn't like the memory being overclocked for some reason when it's fine in other games.

Also, *insert mad laughter*
    Annotation 2020-06-17 154656.png
    I managed to get my RAM running at 3200Mhz CL16 :D
    I had to crank up the system agent voltage by +75mV as a reference but I bet I could bring that down with some tweaking. The fact that it hasn't immediately BSOD'd is a good sign compared to when I first tried it!

And some other things, the performance of the liquid metal in my laptop suddenly went down MASSIVELY. Like, before it could maintain a solid 1700Mhz below thermal throttling but now it's constantly thermal throttling below 1500Mhz. It's strange. Then again, when I did the Time Spy run, it was a cloudy and cold day whereas the performance decay happened when it started to become much sunnier and hotter.

8. TheUberMedic

Reputations:
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/47860682
    Now this is a spicy result!
    Changes made from before: ram is now at 3200Mhz CL16, new cooling pad and PCIe Link State Power Management is now turned off.
    Seriously, turn that off for better GPU performance. Dunno why it was set to max power savings...

9. JEAMN

JEAMN Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I was able to push mine past 8500 for a graphics score (8300 overall)

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/7613444

10. TheUberMedic

Reputations:
    Bloody hell, a +700Mhz to the memory clocks. You got lucky with your RTX 2070.