*** Official Clevo PB5xExx(-G) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Kowalzky

Kowalzky Newbie

Reputations:
    So, I picked one of these up back in December and I'm having an issue with the Thunderbolt port. The setup I have currently is two external monitors (connected via DP) and a USB hub all connected to a TB3/USB-C dock (Cal-Digit USB-C/TB3 Pro Dock). When I connect the dock to my laptop only one monitor will be detected at a time and none of the accessories plugged into the USB hub are detected. If I unplug both monitors and plug them back in, it's always the first one plugged in that's detected.

The dock should work with either the TB3 port or the USB-C port (obviously with lower resolution/refresh rates) but neither ports are working. I can bypass the dock and just plug everything in individually and the setup will work, but I was hoping to connect via the one cable as I come and go from my desk.

I returned the dock and had a replacement sent (same model), but it still has the same issues. Unfortunately I don't have another USB-C/TB3 laptop to test it out separately, but the fact that two separate docks had the same problem makes me think it's an issue with the laptop.

I bought from XoticPC and contacted them, but they've honestly been little help. Was hoping someone might have a suggestion on what to try next.

2. Ashlander

Ashlander Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Which USB-C port are you using?

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    What dock are you using? Can it split the dp channel?

4. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The port on the right side is the thunderbolt port. The one on the back isn't.

5. AksonDendryt

AksonDendryt Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, I'm looking for RTX2060 vBIOS for my Clevo PB51. I'm trying to increase power limit from 80W to 90W or even more.
    Did anyone succeed?

6. Kowalzky

Kowalzky Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the replies - I have tried using the dock in both the USB-C port on the back and the TB3 port on the side, and neither works.

Here is the specific dock I am using, which from everything I can tell at least looks like it should be able to handle the 2 monitors and usb hub in this set up:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07VL675DT?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Thanks again everyone!

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    But it just works :p what monitors?

8. Kowalzky

Kowalzky Newbie

Reputations:
  9. Ashlander

Ashlander Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Maybe it can only have one DP connection coming through the USB-C to the GPU? Have you tried daisy-chaining them and only using one of the ports on the hub?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Also have you tried limiting it to 60hz incase the dock has a weird limitation?