**Official Clevo PA71 Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by LeiEn, May 19, 2018.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Certain drivers can, apps won't.

2. LeiEn

LeiEn Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    DL directly from Clevo website or use Obsidian tool, but it's paid software

3. LeiEn

LeiEn Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey y'all - finally found some time to finish my review, which I've replaced my original post with, so go have a looksee and lemme know if there's any other details you want and I'll try to accommodate. Churrs! @jaybee83 @vIkInG_w0w @whambamsam @Stephan_N @Meaker@Sager

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  4. vIkInG_w0w

vIkInG_w0w Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks, it's a very good review and you've also given attention to the smaller details!

It's a pity about the default speakers, so thanks for optimising them and sharing the profiles. One thing I'd like to know about the speakers that plagued the older PA7* models is one side being noticeably louder than the other. I wonder if its still a problem.

The CPU temps indeed are on the higher side even with liquid metal so if you could do a CPU undervolt to show a temperature difference, that would be awesome!

5. Deya22

Deya22 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey ,
    First, @LeiEn thanks for your review, actually the only one and the best one so-far ;D.

So, i've bought the laptop, updated windows, installed drivers from the reseller website, and i can't find g-sync in nvidia pannel ... and barely no options ( no display options).
    So do you guys have it on the pannel ?

6. LeiEn

LeiEn Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks man, no prob. Yes, I can confirm the weird speaker balance. It may be somehow related to the actual chassis itself; the left speaker may be slightly obscured by a bit of paneling or something (?) At any rate, it is possible to mitigate the effect thru the Viper4Windows balance controls.

I'm going to mess with undervolting after (another) OS reinstall due to some sort of software conflict that is not allowing my CPU info to be read by Clevo Control Center or XTU. Will prob try to reinstall next week sometime, but no guarantee on that; at the mercy of my design work schedule as this is my only machine now.

Appreciate the appreciation! Nvidia settings are accessible through the Nvidia Control Panel. Just right-click desktop and you should see it on the menu that pops up. G-sync setup is one of the submenu options within the control panel.

7. Deya22

Deya22 Newbie

Reputations:
    Well i just figured out why dispaly options were missing from nvidia pannel.
    Seemingly optimus and g-sync can't work together in the same time.

So i switched the gpu from MSHybrid to discrete ( can be done through control center or BIOS) and g-sync is back !

Actually, in my configuration, there is no left speaker.
    Thus, this weird speaker balance is due to the unbalanced repartition of speakers as there is just one subwoofer in the right side.

This issue might be fixed by assignating only low frequences related to bass to the subwoofer.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  8. Deya22

Deya22 Newbie

Reputations:
    By the way, did you installed Sound blaster x from their website ?
    Because i can't acces to any control pannel even if the driver is apparently set up...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    You need to be in dedicated mode to get the options yes.

Optimus has the IGP drive the display (and has all the video options) so the dedicated GPU can switch off to save power. In g-sync the dedicated GPU needs a direct connection to the display so it can control the timing. That's why the two cannot work simultaneously.

raz8020 likes this.
  10. LeiEn

LeiEn Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    How did you determine that? Can you physically see the speakers?

Should be accessible through Start menu folder, but I thought it was much less effective than using EQAPO + Viper, TBH