**Official Clevo PA71 Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by LeiEn, May 19, 2018.

1. whambamsam

whambamsam Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Viewing angles are good, colour I'd say on the warmer side atm. I haven't done any screen calibrating yet though.

For gaming, so far I haven't had any issues - but coming from an old laptop that was playing most games on 20ish FPS, anything is an improvement!

Richteralan likes this.
  2. whambamsam

Reputations:
    Anyone here with much experience with the control center? I haven't found much information about it - I'd like to remove the CPU fan cap at 80% when setting your own profile...

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    No it just means it is idling properly and reducing speed to save power when not in use.

raz8020 likes this.
  4. LeiEn

LeiEn Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    A lot of that already available from resellers, but will do my best to include everything!

Exactly the same choice I had to make! Short version is speakers are pretty weak out of the box, but have since tuned them with EqualizerAPO, and they've improved exponentially. Will demo in the video review along with db levels + spectrum analyzer. Though I don't use touchpad much, it seemed pretty good right out of the box even before I installed the synaptic drivers. Nice L/R buttons, but haven't used the fingerprint scanner.

Either that all sounds irregular, or I've just got a very cool machine thanks to the Conductonaut LM pasting via HID. Haven't pushed it through the gaming paces yet, but have yet to break 60C on CPU doing anything in my routine workspace (3 Adobe apps running, a dozen tabs open on Opera browser, a bunch of file explorer windows, and running dual screen with my graphic pen monitor). GPU has yet to wakeup - haven't broken 50C doing anything yet.

Definitely. Will all be in the full review, but this thing hasn't broken a sweat during my routine workloading; 2-3 Adobe apps (typically PS + AI working with big graphic files), Opera browser with a dozen tabs, music, 2nd screen (pen-input display) all running simultaneously, and highest I've seen from CPU is high 50s, and GPU has yet to break 50. Going to get some benches and games going tonight!

That said, sorry for the delay; didn't mean to start the thread and disappear. Had to get it up and running real quick to take care of some design work, and then install new drive, OS, Phoenix tweaks, etc etc. Full review + benches coming the next few days!

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    vIkInG_w0w, FrozenLord and raz8020 like this.
  5. Stephan_N

Stephan_N Newbie

Reputations:
    Could you also measure fan noise? I'm quite interested in that. Thanks!

6. LeiEn

LeiEn Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yep, will include db readings alongside spectrum analyzer video for fans ( ramping from idle to max) as well as the speaker tuning i did with a combo of free APOs ( and will make my config files available for anybody who wants to test the difference for themselves; i was happily surprised & am very content with speaker performance now :)).

Short review: IMO, the fans are pretty good. Not the quietest out there, but they have yet to annoy me while doing anything, and the new 5/29 release of CCC appears to be doing a great job of controlling them via the auto setting. More details soon!

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    raz8020 likes this.
  7. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    LeiEn likes this.
  8. LeiEn

LeiEn Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Definitely read that one before i bought mine. Good to have another one out there to compare different specs against (processor, ram, screen, and LM repaste), and see how they match up. FWIW, I'll also be reviewing with the latest Clevo driver/app releases that just came out today (5/29).

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    raz8020 and XMG like this.
  9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I'd be interested to see the before and after differences too.

raz8020 likes this.
  10. whambamsam

Reputations:
    Would I have auto updated or do I need to go somewhere to download the drivers?