*** Official Clevo P970Ex Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jan 9, 2019.

1. BraskSpain

BraskSpain Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the original box, the original charger, the original instructions book and I have spoken with them and they say that as I didn’t buy it directly from them I don’t have any right to ask for a warranty or a BIOS/EC firmware I was asking for also. I am thinking in calling my local authorities and explaining the situation to see what they tell me to do, if I have everything but I don’t know the original seller is there any legal right to claim my property having everything? Thanks

2. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I believe XMG / Schenker can sell you a replacement keyboard if you are in Europe. Just message one of them and they should help.

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Ah so you got it 2and hand? Speak to citizens advice.

4. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    But warranty moves with the product. It is not bound to the first owner.

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Depends on the terms of the warranty and local laws.

6. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    In my opinion it mostly is dependend on the shop itself, you can always go further than what is specified.

In my case, the screen of my Clevo was bend, After complaining the shop told that they all have that. In that case I just used the right to sent in back and get a full refund. Afterwards it could have been repaired, but I ordered a TongFang instead (which I still have).

If you buy laptops of 1500+ euro's, there may be some service on that product, if it is the first buyer or not. It shouldn 't matter. As long as it is not abused off course.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    The 2and owner does not know the history of the machine though.

8. Mr.Jones

Mr.Jones Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

User1:Yes, well, it's not any worse than the timings that I had in my MSI GS65... I apologize if I interrupted another conversation that was going on about power supplies... but I did have a question about that. The power supply from the p970ef is the exact same as the one for my MSI except the MSI is 230W I believe, would it be beneficial to use the 230W power supply? Would that allow extra power to go to the CPU/GPU and allow for better overclocking or turbo?

User2: It is limited by bios anyway

My Reply: Just for everyones information another person asked if there was evidence that the Clevo P970RF was limited by BIOS from using the 230W power adapter instead of the 180W. I asked Sager through a customer support ticket if it could work and they stated long as the output pin size & voltage was correct, it could work given thermals etc.
    I purchased a Chicony 230W power block (OEM brand, same one MSI uses) and the P970RF is still BIOS/EC limited from excending 180W of system power (like Meaker@Sager stated). I've been able to keep the thermals in line with a nice KLIM Cooler Pad, without it there would be no thermal headroom for additional CPU wattage.
    I didnt see the post until now but thought everyone should know its been tried and tested. I ended up keeping the power adapter anyway, doesnt get as hot as the 180W power brick that can litterly be to hot to touch during heavy gaming over extended timespans (not a con for me).

P.S. The MSI Afterburner tool undervolting using the OC Scanner is a must. My GPU (RTX 2070 Maxq) clocks have increased from 1400Mhz (GPU Performance Scaling self-overclocks) to 1850Mhz stable, peaks at 1950Mhz. Temps have decreased at the same time from 187F down to ~170F. This has allowed better cooling of the CPU also given the shared heatpipe. With the CPU undervolt (offset -0.125) and liquid metal treatment applied on CPU+GPU. Performance is better than ever.

9. xor01

xor01 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hi guys, im having trouble finding review of Clevo P970RN / Sager NP8978.
    I know this thread is for P970Ex... but perhaps someone here knows about this product?
    Seems powerful with 2080 Max-Q, but kind of worried with the heat.

10. padman

padman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    P970RN is just a P970EN with gen9 cpu instead.
    I have P970EN with 2080-Max-Q and everything is fine.