*** Official Clevo P970Ex Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Msi afterburner, it is one of the choices to add to the view.

2. Jer Stryker

Jer Stryker Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    GenTech has the 9750H models on their site for the same price as the 8750H models. The 9750H is supposed to be able to turbo almost a full 1GHz faster on single core, which would be a big deal in most games I think.

Im pretty disappointed in my lack of timing. I barely had the thing a week. Maybe I can get GenTech to swap CPUs while they are swapping out my panel. ;)

Maybe in the end it won't make a big difference.

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Single core turbo is almost never seen as there is usually something else going on in the system.

4. Master Stewie

Reputations:
    But the core multipliers are better.
    1 core = 45
    2 cores = 44
    3 cores = 43
    6 cores = 40

5. Zigou45

Zigou45 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What clevo software have you removed to limit power throttling?

6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Which will do fine for burst type workloads but sustained speeds will be the same.

7. Master Stewie

Reputations:
    Who? I didn’t uninstalled anything.
    I want to test FH4, but it won’t boot. I tried everything I could find online, except reïnstall and reïnstall windows.
    However, without undervolt ghist recon: Wildlands pulls around 40W and pushes GPU in power limit.
    Temos are around 80 degrees CPU and GPU with fans at 53% (could not aim for 50 :p). The fan sound is pretty low in this case.

The machine works very well, but build quality is rather poor. The keyboard is ‘loose’ in the upper right corner but mainly the screen is terrible. A bit of backlight bleed (acceptable) but i have a curved screen. When the lid is closed, 1 side touched the base, the middle is aroumd 3-4mm from base and the left is also not touching. I hope the screen can be replaced as I don’t accept this from a brand new machine, otherwise I will return for a full refund (no restock fee).

8. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    DOES not sound like a screen sounds like it is the lid which could be realigned i suppose but its just in the hinge to make the 2 peices of the laptop aligned better

9. Master Stewie

Reputations:
    It is bend at the top, I don’t think you can realign at the hinge. But this isn’t my problem as there is plenty of warranty.
    I tried installing FH4, no good luck. It was a nightmare to delete as well. I had to change security and owner settings to be able to delete. (I only have 230Gb ssd atm).

I will try Far cry 5 this evening, because that’s seems to take a lot of power as well.

Uptill now, I had 2 times blue screen with Windows store, one time undervolted, one time standard. The rest of the software works flawless.

10. skflsdkjfld

skflsdkjfld Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi any idea how you lower the fanspeed? They sometimes accelerated for a moment at 25% speed for no reason while surfing.