*** Official Clevo P970Ex Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Jan 9, 2019.

1. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    ohhhh ya thats easiest sure
    Im hoping theres a software way but i havent looked it up yet

2. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    your scores are like mine but a little better with similar settings

i have a oc of 163

once the cpu goes through a 3dmark score at 71c theres nothing to improve . I do my tests with the laptop raised at max fans always thats the only situation i care about temperatures. as far as ghost recon why does it do that? thats what im trying to figure out. I get power throttling only when its not a cpu test the same thing the tdp becomes 25w

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  3. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don’t know if you game, but have you also that it doesn’t draw a lot of power out of the CPU?
    I played some games and they all have very good framerate, but I only see 15-25 W usage on CPU.
    Firestrike pullled 60W max and sustainable 55W (sequences are pretty short).

4. AlexusR

AlexusR Guest

Reputations:
    Firestrike and other artificial 3DMark benchmarks don't really put enough stress on CPU+GPU, try using game benchmarks like the one in Forza Horizon 4, on Ultra serting and "Performance" setting in Clevo Control Center ;-) If you don't have this game - it may cost you FREE or $1 (this game is a part of Xbox Game Pass access).

5. Master Stewie

Reputations:
    You are sure? CPU was pulling 55W and GPU was power throttling... Not that long, that’s for sure.

I will check FH4, it seems very cheap anyway for 3 months.

6. AlexusR

AlexusR Guest

Reputations:
    Try it out. I have different Clevo model but same CPU and I've seen higher temps when running this game compared to some other games and 3DMark benchmarks. I set it to Ultra in-game setting, disabled "Dynamic performance" setting and disabled VSync and set frame limiter to unlimited.

7. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:

this is a dissasembly guide that works for our model

this also shows the previous models heat sink which is different than that picture someone showed in one way, it does not have a pipe from the 2 fans to the cpu the 2 heat sinks are totally seperate.
    e
    the new heat sink has 4 pipes, 2 peices of copper are called 4 pipes or 4 connections different from the old one. even the old one was huge honestly

i dont think really anything else applies to us but dissasembly although it has the same cpu

8. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    the only real game i have is witcher 3 but it rocks i mean it goes to 90 fps on ultra and nothing throttles.

but we see like some sort of weird power thing what i want to know is how do you see the tdp of the gpu and the wattage used etc. I see something going on here

so when i play it the speed goes to 1800 on the gpu and then the cpu power throttlesto 25w. its like gaming mode turns the cpu down is what im seeing.

9. Master Stewie

Reputations:
    You don’t see power of GPU, only power or thermal limit.
    Thermal limit I gave never seen, not in CPU or GPU, but my GPU is almost always in power limit.

10. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Ok what app shows gpu power limit