*** Official Clevo P970Ex Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you succeed and there is a step-by-step guide, I will also do it :p.

2. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    the current results are that the clock speed goes exaclty like it says in the 1800 to 2100 range

yet the 3dmark score goes lower but not too much

no sort of heat problem at all.

the 90w bios on the other hand makes the clock speed stick at 1000 and go down

there is no clevo branded 90w bios its a razer or an asus

a new power supply could make a difference or itcould be locked out in bios i dont know.

this is a tongfang vbios try to ask someone for a clevo branded one

use gpuz, switch it from igpu to nvida
    click the arrow. upload t to tech and show us the link or zip it and share it in a message

ask around for a clevo 115 w maxp vbios

skflsdkjfld likes this.
  3. padman

padman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    2080max q has the same TDP as 2070max q so you get a standard 180W power brick.

4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The cooling is basically the same so same TDP setup yes.

5. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    someone here already did the 2080 90w razer maxq but flashed back cause it stuck at one speed.

it could be a branded thing in some clevo software that it wont cooperate with a vbios that says razer. no idea at all youll have to search he did that.

theres users here who did this with the 2070 i think his name is trill till or something not remembering

6. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    so the power supply you need is either the clevo one or a alienware one. i was asking though, is it 230 or 240?

the one for the maxp is it 230 or 240? theres two different watts im just wondering.

the alienware is 240 and the clevo is 230 i believe i have not checked. its somewhere in this flashing a 1070 maxq to 1070 maxp in a clevo and it works and needs a power supply.

thats all i know going from memory.

even though the 90w works without it, it doesnt work. thats the info i have so far.

7. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
  8. padman

padman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes firmware modification unless an official update will yes for obvious reasons.

10. Jer Stryker

Jer Stryker Notebook Guru

Reputations:

I think Jarrod has done all three RTX cards available to the P9x0Ex range now.

I got a P970EF (2070mq) from GenTech to replace my 5+ year old 15.6" P650SG (980m). My impressions pretty much match Jarrod's. Other than extremely sucky speakers and noticeable (but not terrible) backlight bleed, I really like the laptop. Fans are about the same volume at both low and high settings as my P650SG. Power brick is nearly half the size, chassis is thinner, and only a little bit wider and longer, and the same weight. The most noticeable difference is the screen size, which is very nice.

I was going to take some pictures, but I had to send it back due to a couple bad pixels (glad they had the free 30-day pixel warranty promo). Maybe when I get it back.

skflsdkjfld likes this.