*** Official Clevo P970Ex Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    As far as I can read, you can save 2-3 profiles (performance, battery and emergency). Run throttlestop with task schedular (10 seconds after boot AND login user).
    I don’t know if it starts running a profile after startup.

2. padman

padman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Long long time ago on my Asus G73JH I had Throttlestop setup to launch this way. All my settings were indeed saved in profile and automatically applied. Should be easy.

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    You can always make requests to the dev too :)

4. Master Stewie

Reputations:
    Today I drove to a reseller and have seen (and touched) the p970 and Tongfang (with mechanical keyboard) and the overal look and feel of the Clevo is more mature and less gamer like.
    For me, the keyboard of the clevo is better (same as the dell I have at work).

Also the fan noise at max is oretty good, audibke, but less than the Alienware 15R3 I’ve had in the past.

I will order a P970ed for sure, awesome laptop.

5. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The Tong fang 15 pretty good too but the tong fang 17 is more like the pb17 clevo. So i thijk you compared that one to the p970 and it is a little gamer. But the 15 inch is very understated if i didnt have this one id have that one .

Theres a similar thing going for both of those they aren't a mass produced for another make model.

Both excellent reviews

The clevo 9xx series has literally no external rgb at all it barely has 3 tiny lights in front so it bucka that trend

6. Master Stewie

Reputations:
    It was the tongfang 17” for sure. The clevo PB doesn’t have mechanical keyboard.
    The Tongfang was a tad quiter (lower frequency sound) but not that much to be honest. It had a metal lid but soft touch plastic around the keyboard.

The clevo P970 is only plastic at the bottem, more sleek design and a nice glas touchpad. It’s more suited for me I think.

7. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    yes the 15 inch tongfang is much thinner and lighter it is a different model, where as this 9xx its the same model larger.

the 17 inch tongfang has the max p 2070 so dont discountthat but its much wider too.

In a more direct comparison i would take the 17 inch tong fang over the pb17 2070 max p also.

the tong fang 2070 notebooks are good too . they dont have one exactly like this.

8. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:

actuallyt the bottomis metal.

it is actually entirely metal certain parts look plastic but even they are metal strangley enough the just have a plastic finish

the bottom is metal, not a high grade its like pot metal. and the 2 halves of the bezel they are coated with a fake cover of carbonfiber but they are metal too.

i took the bottom cover off its metal

I remember i asked someone and they said the screen bezel is plastic. even that is all metal it sort of looks like the front is plastic but its not its one peice made to look like it has a bezel.

9. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    sorry Im done with that test
    but I can say that in xtu the frequency is 3.86 and the power tdp goes to 40

10. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:

no
    but the cpu is at 3.86during xtu stress test and the tdp goes to 55

so it has no problem no heat no throttling at all
    upload_2019-4-10_15-26-6.png

a_bolog likes this.