*** Official Clevo P960EP6/ P960ED/ P960EF/ P960EN Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Sodalitas

Sodalitas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This sounds exactly like the problems we had. Downclocking in MSI Afterburner lowers the frequency of crashes but does not eliminate it. Talk to your reseller about a motherboard replacement. After my motherboard replacement, I have had zero graphics related BSODs.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    CS:GO can stress the card in different ways like super high frame rate output.

3. wojtask12

wojtask12 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah, I'll definitely do that. My brand is Dream Machines, just like @CiuchY. Hope they won't treat me like a moron..

4. TomoPrime

TomoPrime Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @Prostar Computer didn't reply back to me for those wondering. I PM them as I did before when they were helping me on Sound Blaster SBX app but they went dark as of page 35 of this thread. Can’t get any love for Bios / EC Firmware links?

In the end I repasted the GPU / CPU to resolve many issues. Some games I’ve tested under the Xbox GamePass library crash but full BSOD is very seldom. For the most part in regards to stability I didn’t have to under clock the system to play games. I believe a repaste will help many others. The stock one from the factory is low grade. Try choosing one (maybe carbon based) that degrades much less over time.

I would still would like to get access to EC Firmware and Bios updates for this hardware. Did @Prema figure something out?

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    BIOS/EC files are served on request so we can ensure you are using the right file.

6. ithanium2

ithanium2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Had to do a repaste again, since my temps were super high...hitting thermal throttle. I had CM Mastergel Maker, and now repasted with Kryonaut. I wonder how long will it last. I travel with my laptop daily so I cannot risk liquid metal but I am thinking of trying those graphite pads or IC Diamond.

7. TomoPrime

TomoPrime Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I used TF8 from ThermalRight (13.8 W/mk) bought on Amazon this year. It's carbon based and lasts for several years. They also make something called TFX (14.3 W/mk) that I haven't tried yet it costs a little more. The TF8 was pretty easy to apply and my numbers are still really good so far.

8. ithanium2

ithanium2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  9. jc_denton

jc_denton V̖̟en̰g̻̼̰̩͙ea̲n̪c̭e̼ ͍̘̤͓̟̤Is̙͔ ̤Mi̻̭̣͎͍ͅn̰ḙ

Reputations:
    Clevo bios repository, you'll have to check whether the files there are up to date.
    https://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirror/

If you have poor heatsink/die contact, a 0.5mm copper shim works like a charm.

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    A decent paper towel is fine as a TIM removal tool.