*** Official Clevo P950HP6/Sager NP8950 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, May 11, 2017.

1. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Just get the tip size right and the wattage above what you know you consume and you should be fine. Don't use a switchable tip universal, the sockets you attach the tips to wear out fast and can short.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    If you know what you are doing and the case can be opened you can also change the cable.

3. sinfolmatt

sinfolmatt Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I have the same problem with specific keys not working on the keyboard. Started with my w key registering for a while after I stopped pressing it, walking forward in Fibal Fantasy XIV, now a year later certain keys just don't work. I ordered from HIDEvolution so I reached out to them for support.

4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    They should sort you out :)

5. DrkAce

DrkAce Newbie

Reputations:
    I had an issue with mine a few months back where certain keys would stop working periodically. Over the course of a few weeks it got worse and worse until some of the keys would not work at all. Tried reseating the cables under the keyboard but that didn't help. The fix for me was to loosen the two keyboard screws on the bottom of the laptop some. Keyboard has been fine ever since.

6. sinfolmatt

sinfolmatt Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    So I spoke with HIDEvolution. They are quoting me $115 to get a new keyboard shipped to me. When I google for compatible keyboards I am finding them for about half that price, but I do not know how reputable the sellers are. What are peiples thoughts, does anyone have a recommended site where they bought a new keyboard for this that works well

7. sinfolmatt

sinfolmatt Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks. I tried this, but no luck for me.

8. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    This thread might interest you. Wouldn't want to jinx it, but nearly 4 months since I put in a replacement keyboard from AliExpress and so far so good. Fingers crossed.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/help-keyboard-on-p957hr-died.821232/

9. sinfolmatt

sinfolmatt Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks. The keyboard replacement for this on Aliexpress has one review and they say that a month after they got it, they had the same problem.

10. bonassifer

bonassifer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Friends I am experiencing an issue with my Clevo P950HP6.
    The notebook is shutting down while playing.
    It happens randomly, without a certain time, it can be with an hour or with 2 hours of game.
    I formatted the notebook, it has the latest build of windows 10, all drivers installed.
    I checked the temperatures and they are great (CPU 60º and GPU 77º), CPU with undervolting of -100.

Has anyone seen something like that?
    Do you have any idea what's going on?