*** Official Clevo P950HP6/Sager NP8950 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, May 11, 2017.

1. KWSW

KWSW Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone knows how to get a replacement for the lan port cover/piece? Mine broke and I can't seem to use the LAN Port now without taping the lan cable to the port.

This is the part I am referring to:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  2. residenthamster

residenthamster Newbie

Reputations:
  3. residenthamster

residenthamster Newbie

Reputations:
    has anyone successfully upgraded the standard FHD panel to a UHD one?

I've found that there's a 4k panel replacement for the P950HP6, and that it requires a 40pin eDP cable instead of the standard 30pin.

Is there anything else that a swap requires in order for it to work properly? or is this enough?

4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Cable and panel should cover you though the cable is a tricky swap compared to the panel.

5. residenthamster

residenthamster Newbie

Reputations:
    yea, looks like i need to remove the entire mainboard in order to get to the eDP cable that's on the top side.

6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    To route it properly I believe so just due to how it has to food through.

7. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Is there a complete disassembly/ assembly guide for P957HR? I got my laptop repaired from a local shop and the fellow forgot to plug in the speakers. Getting tired of having to use headphones.

By local I meant 'national', as in 'in my country'. The shop is some 300 km away. I contacted them and they apologised and asked me to bring it back in, but it could be several weeks before I'm able to go there.
    I have tools etc. I've opened it before, but not to the extent that this seems to require.

8. RobertCullum1

RobertCullum1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all,

My two-year-old P950HP (from Metabox, an Australian reseller) has developed a pretty serious fault wherein it boots for maybe five seconds before shutting down again. The fans spin up, screen comes on, but then it just fully crashes, and the technician I've taken it to suspects a motherboard fault. I'm looking around for replacement motherboards but I'm just wondering if anyone else has any experience with a similar fault before I go too far down that rabbit-hole.

If anyone knows of any dealers selling replacement motherboards that would be great, as I've not been able to find one from browsing various parts dealerships' catalogues online.

Any advice or experience much appreciated.

9. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Things to look at:
    1. Bad CPU fan. If the EC doesn't get a signal from the fan that it is running, it will shut the system down.
    2. Bad thermal contact between CPU and heatsink. This is unlikely as any technician worth his name will have checked that right off the bat.

EDIT: You can try Aliexpress.com for parts - they have a fair amount of CLEVO P950 stuff. If it comes down to replacing the motherboard, consider an upgrade to P50HR (GTX1070MaxQ) or better. The company reps here will advise you what is possible and what isn't.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  10. RobertCullum1

RobertCullum1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks - the tech I've got looking at it has tested it with different fans, and couldn't fix the fault that way. He suspects a sensor fault, or actual short on the board itself. He's pretty switched on so I suspect the second suggestion is not a problem either.

Forgive my naivety - but is it possible to just swap a P950HP for the HR motherboard directly?