** Official Clevo P950HP6/Sager NP8950 Owner's Lounge **

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, May 11, 2017.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    40 vs 30 pins on those panels.

2. djsubtronic

djsubtronic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ah ok, so won't work I guess?

3. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Not without changing the cable.

4. codral

codral Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey mate, i've never seen my CPU above about 72 degrees on a burn test and maybe 68 on ROTR, with a -0.115V and with turbo boost enabled and with stock thermal paste (Metabox). I do have the same model but with the 1070MQ in it but i doubt that's the difference.

I'd be seriously looking at your fan settings, which one are you set to? If i set mine to maximum for example the temperature maxes at about 45 degrees, Automatic over long term it maxes at about 70 and Max Q lets it go out to about 80 degrees (not a fan of Max Q), but even that's only for extremely CPU intensive games, even CEMU BOTW maxes at about 62 degrees which smashes your CPU. can you use the Fn + 1 to try different modes see if you can drag it down? Should make a lot of noise on Maximum.

I also play with the back of mine elevated; the intake vents on this thing are huge but they're all on the bottom, I use a 2cm tall piece of rubber at the very back of mine to just get the back up off the deck and it makes huge difference to temperatures.

5. codral

Reputations:
    I know this is the GTX1060MQ thread but there isn't a GTX1070MQ one; has anyone had decent undervolt+ overclock results for the GPU? Also wondering if anyone knows of any Metabox sub community like this one (hopefully Metabox P950HR), for drivers, BIOS, etc?

I've done a few custom profiles but am still confused as to how to do this, my undervolt one seems to work quite well but I was hoping to undervolt enough to drop the temp to be able to ride the core clock over 160mhz which is when i first hit instability.

Cheers,
    Codral

6. djsubtronic

Reputations:
    How do you even undervolt the GPU? For me it's disabled.

7. codral

Reputations:
    You undervolt with Afterburner, but it's different to previous gens and to the way AMD does it, can't just drag the mV slider unfortunately. You need to create a custom voltage curve, generally from the maximum voltage you want to allow the GPU to have straight across, so that 800mV is the maximum it can request regardless of the mhz (i.e. all the way to the right), by default GPU lookups the value to the left to find the minimum voltage GPU can request for the mhz it needs, so by running it striaght at a low mV you force it to not over request, in theory it means less time thermal throttling.... On this PC i've tried stock and custom and because i don't have any heat issues and it makes 0 difference but if you've got heat issues it can make a big different. see my attached image for an example, this info gleaned from other sites, i honestly even on furmark get no appreciable different but some people report much less throttling.

Attached Files:

djsubtronic likes this.
  8. djsubtronic

Reputations:
    Interesting, thanks for the info. Is it possible the voltage curve isn't actually being applied?

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    It does follow the curve (during loads you can see how it tracks it) but it does not always behave like you expect.

10. Antoine van Daalen

Antoine van Daalen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey man, thx for the reply! Yeah the fan speed is always at maximum when I lift the back of the laptop it sits around 92c but the wrist rest gets really warm and it's not very comfortable.. so I don't lift it anymore. I was in contact with the store where I bought it from they said Clevo knows this problem and is currently working on a bios fix. I don't know if it's true. He told me if I lowered the clock modulation my temps would reduce but that's not the case. All of the cores hits 100c except the last 4 cores 99c (picture below). Also the keyboard becomes very hot and the first layer paint comes off (pictures below).[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk