** Official Clevo P950HP6/Sager NP8950 Owner's Lounge **

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, May 11, 2017.

1. Xareon

Xareon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am looking for a new laptop. One option is P950HP6 with i7 8750H and gtx 1070 max q. I like to play on my lap, what are the temperatures in this thing when we use grizzly liquid metal paste and some undervolting? Are they acceptable? How does noise and temperatures compare to let's say P751zm - my actual machine.

2. Antoine van Daalen

Antoine van Daalen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So my system gets really warm (CPU).. peaks at 100c.. I've send the laptop back to the store where i bought it. They repasted and said it sits around 92c which is ok for this system but when I'm home it goes straight up to 100c in just 5 minutes of playing.. So what i tried: undervolt the cpu with -0.115v, disabled turbo boost. Repasted with Artic Silver 5 and now I've Thermal Grizzly Kyronaut applied and still hits 100c.. (without Turbo Boost enabled 96c) the only thing what i could do know is try Liquid Metal.. Is this normal for this laptop?

PS: Room temps 22c, I play on a wooden desk doesn't really matter where I put the laptop. Should I put it in the fridge for lower temps? :eek:

Let me know what your temps are.

P950HP6 (Skikk 15HP95)
    120Hz 1920x1080 TN Panel
    i7-7700HQ
    GTX 1060 6GB
    1x8 @2400mhz Corsair Vengeance
    Crucial 250GB MX500 M.2 SSD
    1TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM

3. Bensmack

Bensmack Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Okay, I need some help guys...

I'm in the market for a new Sager/Clevo to replace my current daily driver, the NP9752. I've always been an xoticpc customer, and when looking for the newer, lighter sager designs I keep seeing the clevel p95xxx series, but I can't seem to find much info here in the forums for the sager 8954 or 8955, which are supposedly both based on the Clevo p955ER?

The big difference, from what I can see, in the two is the screen. Both are 1080p, but the 8954 is 120hz TN panel, the 8955 is 144hz ips. Is there a huge difference in the screen quality from what you guys know from previous models? That's my only gripe on my NP9752...the screen was awful, ghosting and blurry!

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but the only other thread I thought to check would be the xoticpc reseller thread, but the sales reps haven't really been able to help me at all.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

4. Scionyde

Scionyde Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well, I pulled the trigger on this laptop. I'm trying to replace the HDD with an SSD, but I'm having some trouble removing the bottom panel. I remove the 11 screws from the bottom panel, but it doesn't want to come off even after some light prying. I'm hesitant to apply more force, so I'd like to know - am I missing something beyond the 11 visible screws on the bottom panel?

5. Antoine van Daalen

Reputations:
    U need to pry out the keyboard and there are 5 more screws to remove

6. kong

kong Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have a P950HR with 1070 Max-Q undervolted with -0.125V for both CPU and GPU… Max temp is at around 84°C when playing Rise of the Tomb Raider at 25°C room temp.

Antoine van Daalen likes this.
  7. Antoine van Daalen

Reputations:
    Which thermal paste are you using?

8. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The standard differences between TN and AVHA/IPS apply

TN = faster response time, worse viewing angles
    IPS = slower response time, better viewing angles

It depends what you are sensitive to and what you want to do with the machine.

9. kong

kong Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The stock one from Sager

10. djsubtronic

djsubtronic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @Meaker@Sager or anyone else?